Exhaust OCC muffler troubles

patch: buy a pipe, don't waste time paying someone to weld, the welds will eventually leak oil or turn a different color, or crack and break off. just my best "fact" opinion. l like the straight thunder pipe and the livefast pipe..as l use them both,just not at the same time....let us know what happens............later

I bumped this up because there seem to be a few exhaust experts in this topic.

Dennis at GEBE told me there was a way of grinding a small flathead screwdriver, to take along on my long trips, in case carbon buildup started affecting performance.

He said (theoretically) there was a way to scrape it off in twenty minutes at the campsite.

On the road, so I would not have access to air, to blow it away from the cylinder.

I was wondering if one of you experts could do a pictoral on "scraping away carbon/airless method".

If you are going to get into the cylinder/exhaust port area anyway, a few pix of having the cylinder at the uppermost position, etc. would sure be appreciated.

paul

bamabikeguy said:
I bumped this up because there seem to be a few exhaust experts in this topic.

Dennis at GEBE told me there was a way of grinding a small flathead screwdriver, to take along on my long trips, in case carbon buildup started affecting performance.

He said (theoretically) there was a way to scrape it off in twenty minutes at the campsite.

On the road, so I would not have access to air, to blow it away from the cylinder.

I was wondering if one of you experts could do a pictoral on "scraping away carbon/airless method".

If you are going to get into the cylinder/exhaust port area anyway, a few pix of having the cylinder at the uppermost position, etc. would sure be appreciated.

paul

I want to see this too. My exhaust is crammed with carbon, So much that I think I'll buy a new one.

But examples of how to clean it would be awesome

carbon + heat = devastation to carbon. Burn it clean :)

At least that is what I would do... I have no idea if its the right thing or not..

SlicerDicer said:
carbon + heat = devastation to carbon. Burn it clean :)

At least that is what I would do... I have no idea if its the right thing or not..

Wouldnt it just add more carbon? lol

Back