Occ rear tire

WEEDHOPPER420

Local time
12:54 AM
Ok question for everyone.
Has anyone ever tried putting a 20x4" tire on the rear rim of a occ chopper

Has anyone ever tried putting a 20x4" tore on the rear rim of a occ chopper
@michael whiteman and I discussed this exact topic a few days ago. We both agree that it should work just fine, however the tire would likely have a lower profile, and a sort of "bead stretched" look. Here's a picture for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623-191538.png
    Screenshot_20240623-191538.png
    846 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone ever tried putting a 20x4" tire on the rear rim of a occ chopper
I've been thinking about the rear wheel for mine lately. I think I'm going to go with a dirt bike rear wheel. It's a little wide than a BMX wheel and take a bigger tire, even though it won't be as big as the OCC tire. It will be able to handle the power I'm going to run through it and better rear brakes. I will make a total custom rear drop out section just for that.

I've been thinking about the rear wheel for mine lately. I think I'm going to go with a dirt bike rear wheel. It's a little wide than a BMX wheel and take a bigger tire, even though it won't be as big as the OCC tire. It will be able to handle the power I'm going to run through it and better rear brakes. I will make a total custom rear drop out section just for that.
I've got a set of klx125 wheels I'm thinking of using on a build, just need to find out how to hook pedals up to them.

I'm not going to have a pedal side chain.
This will be easy seeing as you are keeping the drum brake. Screw this disc brake adapter on the unused threads for the freewheel. Read my post #57 (Building Michael's OCC...........) and see how I did mine. I tapped the flange to 5mm for the six longer bolts along with the nylon spacers I purchased at ACE Hardware.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I checked with my local electric bike shop a year ago and was told I could buy a complete front wheel with disc brake rotor for $120 including new 20 x 4 tire. The issue then becomes what are you gonna do for brakes seeing as you are using the DB flange for the sprocket. The rim brake mounts on your frame will probably not be compatable with this new rim. That was the case with my OCC frame, but the price was more than inviting.

Back