OCEAN PARK, WA. August 29-30 2009

What now? Eh!

na you can have it augi! i give up on trying to get you to compromise for a more public venue! & now back to motoredbike central folks. it could have been great new event in the makeing for our comunity & motoredbike comunity & to do what we like to do best- show our bikes & have folks drool! i could be wrong! i was hopeing this could evolve into a green eco fair ect!
Geez that is not what I read Augi's suggestion to read...!Sat would have been like at the park last year only this time we had a full kitchen and BBQ priveledges..not to mention covered areas in case of misting...sunday we could have gone up to leadbetter say at 10a and ended up at sheldon field by 4:00ish and had a blurb in the Chinook Observer about how we are looping around the peninsula with a google map of the loop ending up at sheldon field! If peeps wanna buy something they would be sent to the center or whatever!
Wavey, why couldn't you take my suggestion and we all have a bbq and discuss the dam thing? Huh? So what are your plans? Are we even gonna have a rally?

I, and I believe Augi as well, just wanted us to be in a place on private property where we do not need permits or licenses...which BTW last year when the park ranger asked me if I had one I said yes...I only had my fishing license with access to loomis lake and certain parks not a license to have a rally at pacific pines park...if we were to do the same thing I am sure we better have one on hand! The reason as I stated to you before was that if we make it too big too fast "we the other part of the opk gang" believe it will blow up in our local faces from the ramifications of downtown is a madhouse that weekend! I used to work at Capt. Morgans steak house as you know, and I would see 200 people in just "our" place...I can only imagine what the rest of long beach looks like? To me it's complete lunacy to go so "commercial" this being only the second one...also, I believe there are maybe 20 of us on the peninsula and those not affiliated with us ride with no helmets, wrong way driving while motorized and no stop sign stopage...i have seen with my own eyes these things...do we really wanna jeopardize what we have going on here?:cry:
For those that say they are comming what do ya'll think? You know the lay of the land..What sayas you?

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened?
man you guys get me all excited. I just got my first mb last month my second last week.My buddy just ordered a kit on monday. Talked my girlfriend into going to. I am going to have to teach her how to ride. Or i was going to have to.
cant we have multiple gathering spots? that would give us a place to ride to.
i might just come anyway i will be in the grey and white 64 vw bus!! with 3 bikes on top!!
can i park by the beach anywhere?
rob

Not sure how we can turn this into a fight, but let's NOT.
Hey Pablo- Looks like they managed to anyway.
Oh for carp's sake...! Jebus, can't all y'all just work this garbage out?
Anyone want to get something going in the greater seattle/tacoma area?!? LMAO :devilish:

Geez that is not what I read Augi's suggestion to read...!Sat would have been like at the park last year only this time we had a full kitchen and BBQ priveledges..not to mention covered areas in case of misting...sunday we could have gone up to leadbetter say at 10a and ended up at sheldon field by 4:00ish and had a blurb in the Chinook Observer about how we are looping around the peninsula with a google map of the loop ending up at sheldon field! If peeps wanna buy something they would be sent to the center or whatever!
Wavey, why couldn't you take my suggestion and we all have a bbq and discuss the dam thing? Huh? So what are your plans? Are we even gonna have a rally?

I, and I believe Augi as well, just wanted us to be in a place on private property where we do not need permits or licenses...which BTW last year when the park ranger asked me if I had one I said yes...I only had my fishing license with access to loomis lake and certain parks not a license to have a rally at pacific pines park...if we were to do the same thing I am sure we better have one on hand! The reason as I stated to you before was that if we make it too big too fast "we the other part of the opk gang" believe it will blow up in our local faces from the ramifications of downtown is a madhouse that weekend! I used to work at Capt. Morgans steak house as you know, and I would see 200 people in just "our" place...I can only imagine what the rest of long beach looks like? To me it's complete lunacy to go so "commercial" this being only the second one...also, I believe there are maybe 20 of us on the peninsula and those not affiliated with us ride with no helmets, wrong way driving while motorized and no stop sign stopage...i have seen with my own eyes these things...do we really wanna jeopardize what we have going on here?:cry:
For those that say they are comming what do ya'll think? You know the lay of the land..What sayas you?
as in past post ive asked you to pm me to discuss plans, im not ready to bbq or socialize quite yet because of all the politics! i wont bore the masses with that. as for any fees for field use it comes out of my pocket , im trying to picture all these unruly people on motoredbikes are comeing from? you speak of goin nilly willy, as for the high traffic one could only hope we may draw that much attention, im shure the locals can handle it as many festivals are held on the same field with many vendors, live entertainment ect, wow the traffic still gets down the hiway! im not saying we vend or not on the field , it is an option. you can have it where ever you want pnw riders im just a guy whos lived here for 35 years. im tired of bantering the issue in public. pm me !!! back to my man cave now! i as well as others want so much to SHOW&SHINE!! if ya need anything pm me!

do the show-n-shine or whatever it is...i can't help or host, i've lost interest in what is lost: i.e. the spirit behind the early rides. honestly, i have no more input for anyone on the matter.

rif, YES! i would LOVE to go to someone else's event, my MB is gonna be all decked for long-distance soon...gotta get OUTta here for a spell!

Last edited:
I was actually trying to be humorous there... :whistle: I am so way beyond busy and following other pursuits right now I don't have time to throw together anything... Sorry, didn't intentionally yank anyone's chain there...

i knew that & was only yanking back, buddy...i've been thinking a neat shakedown might be to see how close i can get to st. helen's crater on an MB.

rally

I just wanted some feed back from the masses...No one can force you to have a good time...i just know I just got my bike from Augi yesterday and I would really love to have a rally..no one wanted to ride with me yesterday and I wen't off on my own grinning all the way until dusk..still don't have my lighting system hooked up and rain is threatening today but i am ridin just in OPK..I think radrob has a good idea for now just come that weekend peeps know where wavey lives and where i live they know sheldon field is across from the elementary school right on the main drag and I'll point peeps in the right direction to Augi's, most know where pacific pines park is....? I will come by and talk to you soon, I thought we were on the right track can we please find the path again?:cry:

Attachments

• waitin on the new bike.JPG
    waitin on the new bike.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering here- Did we figure anything out, or is it dead in the water? I prolly can't make it with my new life commitments, responsibilities, etc. but if it's still happening I could sure try!

i'll keep the "sour-grapes" to a minimum (here), but i'll not take part in any event run by motoredbikers who'd exclude other motoredbikers from riding in the 4th of july parade. that was just too significantly-bogus for me to overcome...sorry but true.

however, any of my friends, and you know who you are, who find themselves in ocean park any time before i split in the spring will be most welcome to stop by...i'd be MOST-HAPPY to see you.

Back