Ocean Park WA to Newport OR solo-run

G

gone_fishin

Gotta get my bike down to Dan @ iRide Customs somehow...this looks like
a fun way. I'm hoping budget & other logistics allow for an early July run.

170 miles, lots of long hills, & pretty remote areas.

Click HERE for the map, more on this later 8)

very cool, of course.

speaking of, i'll be calibrating the speedo & keeping a close eye on my mileage during the next gallon. looks like i only got about 90 miles outta the last one, but that's because it's all short runs. considering gvw, that's not too bad, tho.

1 or 2 days? splitting the trip might be cool, i got some nice backpacking gear 8)

my OS is WindowsME (the ME stands for Major Errors) and my aerial image not working ATM, so those 'long hills' you mentioned...any mountains, that you'd have altitude/carburation probs? how many tooth sprocket you using?

Why break it into a two day trip? It says its only 4 and a half hour trip! Must be long DOWN hills. :D :D :D :cool:

Papa

long steep ups & downs, but i'll be steadily climbing about a mile in elevation by the time i get there. yeah, i'll prolly have to bump the needle but i don't expect any problems.

the 44-tooth easily handles some (short) steep hills here. my 70 actually runs it's absolute greatest during those climbs, but how long a climb can it endure? the "deathrace"ers made it, and i won't be racing, so i'm confident.

oh, and papa-smartypants...unfortunately, there's mucho more up
than down, so it might take slighly longer than 4.5 hours :p :p

augidog said:
the 44-tooth easily handles some (short) steep hills here. my 70 actually runs it's absolute greatest during those climbs, but how long a climb can it endure? the "deathrace"ers made it, and i won't be racing, so i'm confident.

I found that my engine liked the climbing part best :eek:
the harder it had to work, the more it liked it :eek: :D

spunout is talking about riding from tuscon to visit me n azvinnie
approx same distance ... but desert and almost flat the whole way :eek:

augidog said:

i used a 36tooth in the race, and like yours and Bills, my bike loves the uphill. But one thing i forgot to do was raise the seat for the times i did need to pedal. :yuck: and knees were bangin' my chin. you'll have it made w 44tooth. and it took 53minutes to go 24 miles

There are a few hills between here and there...mostly the Coast Range but I don't think it will be too bad. Jefferson Oregon is only about 250' above sea level.

Dan

Back