Octane question

The only thing it'll eat is the fuel line
Not quite...It will also eat out the crank seals on each side of the Chinesium 2 stroke motors as well since they are not "viton" or equivalent alcohol or solvent resistant material...It will take time but it will fail...DAMIEN

Ps...Also attacks the common see through gas filters as well...They become soft and crack like an eggshell...been there, done that with just the regular E-10 commonly available gas a few years ago

Honestly, a billet fuel filter with a washable element costs a coupla bucks and with the seals - I'd trade the improvement in performance for the occasional worn seals anyday, besides if replacing a coupla crank seals is an issue, then perhaps a different hobby is in order ... READ - these ARE Chinese-made engines .. enough said lol

I'd trade the improvement in performance for the occasional worn seals anyday, besides if replacing a coupla crank seals is an issue, then perhaps a different hobby is in order
Duly noted...I will be sure to remember that as im still spending my time devoted to riding along the roadways whilst you will be probably be spending more time than i ever do fixing and replacing seals, fuel filters, fuel lines, carby, etc...lol...DAMIEN

The only thing it'll eat is the fuel line - I had to install Teflon hoses in my car to run methanol
Ethanol and methanol both eat rubber, and aluminum. Our engines are all aluminum except bearings and rings and some hardware. Methanol will eat all of our seals, and rather quickly. One run and they are toast. I've dinked with both and you need specials seals and to run the fuel out clean before putting away or it will start dissolving the aluminum parts. You will first notice a white powder and then a crunchy chunk of something. An under all that, pitted and corroding aluminum. Methanol is mean, eats a lot of things. I make it at home for weed killer and parts cleaner. As a parts cleaner, it's amazing, just make sure you wash off the residue, or it will eat the part.

Regardless of 2 stroke or 4 stroke, any combustion engine requires AIR (OXYGEN), FUEL & SPARK. Yea ?
The concept of the octane rating of a petrol in fact is NOT related to the fuel aspect BUT RATHER THE AIR CONPONENT.
The thing we are looking at here is the oxygen molecular content within the fuel - same principle when adding NOS to boost power - when adding nitrous oxide into a combustion, you're essentially adding more oxygen molecules to create a more efficient burn hence increasing the power potential of the chemical reaction - yes, the combustion process is in fact a chemical reaction. The ideal ratio for combustion is 14:1 (14 parts AIR to 1 part petrol), in a naturally aspirated engine, regardless of 2 or 4 stroke, a set amount of air available is determined AND LIMITED by the physical size of the cylinder, this in fact makes our engine not very efficient at all as a majority of the energy stored in the fuel is not converted into physical energy to turning the crankshaft but rather wasted as unburnt fuel / heat / noise etc.. now, by increasing the oxygen content in the fuel, you are essentially increasing the amount of oxygen available in reducing the amount of wasted energy hence more power is generated at any given time with the same amount of fuel being drawn into the engine.
What I suggested by adding Toluene, methanol or ethanol to the fuel is a means of improving the ability of the fuel to make more power by increasing the supply of oxygen available to the combustion process. In fact it's not too different to increasing the amount of oxygen into the system by bolting on a turbocharger....
Thing is, this is a 2 stroke air cooled. Go ahead and run at 14:1, and watch that cylinder shed chrome like a freaked out chinchilla. Soon after it will seize. Just because the perfect combustion is that, don't mean it will work. To much heat. Way to much heat. You need extra fuel to cool the cylinder. It leaves not being burned, taking heat that would have been transferred to the walls. You run a 2 stroke air cooled rich for a reason. It keeps running. Run it perfect, and you hit way to lean. An well lean might be mean, for a short while. Then it's on to buying and building a new motor to replace the one you toasted.

Back