Offered a free engine...

pixiechik

Local time
10:08 AM
A Currie Electro Drive. I really don't know anything about it nor have I seen it. I've got a Schwinn Meridian Trike. Anyone know if it will work with the trike? Is it a decent engine? Any info would be great.

thanks

kristi

Currie builds durable equiipment, and it is darned hard to get your hands on. If you don't have a use for it yourself, take it and sell it to me - I need one but it will take me most of a year to save enough money to buy one new. Seriously.

Take a look here - this is probably very similar to what you are offered: http://electricmountainbikes.blogspot.com/2008/04/currie-electro-drive.html

Last edited:
yeap,

those currie drives are like gold dust you can not buy them in kit form anymore because they started making their own electric bikes complete. IZIP is the make of their own bike company i believe.

E-bikes

When I first started looking into powered bikes for transportation,I was seriously considering an IZIP and almost bought one,their pretty cheap and readily available on amazon and walmart even sells them.But after more research and thought.The range they offer is very limited and recharge times very long,just doesn't seems practical for most of us.I guess the technology isn't there yet unless you intend to spend a pretty penny.Just my 2-cents.

Currie motors are good, not great but decent. I have an e-zip. You may have put in on the front wheel, or put in conjunction with the pedal chain to keep from going round in circles. Its not a straight bolt on job but I believe it can be done with moderate skills.

Last edited:
Back