official MBc stance on EPA?

where we are NOW is all that matters, and where do we go is what i want to know

yes, there are a lot of things i could lose sleep over...all i'm concerned about is where we fit in...so far, we don't "fit" anywhere, we just keep trying to stay under the radar...and that's not possible anymore.

and dancin' around the reality of that won't change it.

maybe i'm being misunderstood...i love all our contraptions from a gearhead and cyclist's viewpoint, but i'm being pragamatic about our legal and political situation...i want the motorized bicycle to become it's own thing...in the usa there are certain ways to accomplish certain things.

Last edited:
As for the stance of this forum we do not support illegal engines as was posted on an announcement about a month ago (appears to have gone, probably due to tech error?)
I don't believe we should be closing the doors to happy time vendors, happy time owners catylitic converter or no catalytic converter. That just ain't gonna happen. Nor are we gonna give vendors or owners a hard time.

Thats why threads flaming, or harassing people about the legitimacy of engines, people banging on about the illegality of these engines have been closed. And that is no doubt the way it will stay. We are a public forum for all motorized bicycle users.

BSA

"We are a public forum for all motorized bicycle users."

we sure are...including those who may have opinions you don't like....while i agree this can be discussed in a civil manner, i don't always enjoy the same civillity in response...as i said, don't blame me for pointing out the obvious.

Where are we getting with this discussion? The stance of the forum has now been made clear. Threads that generate animosity or flame/ harass vendors or users will be deleted.

BSA

I don't believe we should be closing the doors to happy time vendors, happy time owners catylitic converter or no catalytic converter. That just ain't gonna happen. Nor are we gonna give vendors or owners a hard time.

Thats why threads flaming, or harassing people about the legitimacy of engines, people banging on about the illegality of these engines have been closed. And that is no doubt the way it will stay. We are a public forum for all motorized bicycle users.

BSA
I don't think it's about bashing venders or ht owners or closing doors it's about opening doors for people can see the light becouse "We are a public forum for all motorized bicycle users" and this isue do need be discussed ( in the right place) the movment can never take of if we ignor the facts

I don't think it's about bashing venders or ht owners or closing doors it's about opening doors for people can see the light becouse "We are a public forum for all motorized bicycle users" and this isue do need be discussed ( in the right place) the movment can never take of if we ignor the facts

Discuss it then, but if it turns if people flame happy time engines, or start arguments it will be deleted.
This thread is now just running round in circles.

BSA

its not that you shouldnt rock the boat is seems you should not speak above a whisper lest that rock the boat. way to go admin., shut down anything that doesent fall in the restricted confines of your interpretation of free speach or thought. if the people of the usa hadnt rocked the boat we would still be a colony, with all the rights therein. mitch

MBc does not support any illegal business endeavors.

I don't want to restrict any topics, but we are left with no choice when arguments begin to get out of hand. The EPA and legality issues need to be discussed, and can be discussed as long as it is done so in a mature manner. The only reason we restricted discussion about that topic in the recent months is because it seemed that anytime someone would bring it up, it would result in a flame war.

If people start name-calling or use insults, we want to lock the thread so tempers can calm down. We don't shut down threads because of the topics themselves. It is not that we are limiting free speech. As long as this discussion continues in a mature manner, I have no problem with leaving it open.

way to go admin., shut down anything that doesent fall in the restricted confines of your interpretation of free speach or thought.
Lets try to have a more positive attitude.

The Motored Bicycle has been around for more than a hundred years. People tell me all the time about that motored bike that was built using a washing machine engine. It's amazing how washing machines back then were run with gas engines.
I do agree with Augi. Something's bound to happen and we better be well prepared. But a good part of me wants to keep all this hush hush meaning motored bikes as a whole.
I like to think of my motored bikes as a fun HOMEMADE thing that you built with your own two hands. This is the consensus here I believe.
We get these engines as a kit. Then we make something wonderful with it.
My HT bike is old. My HT motor is primitive. That's glorious.
Right now the reputation is that Motored bikes need lots of maintenance.
I'd like to keep that reputation going and in a lot of instances this is a true statement.
I don't want Mr. Irresponsible crashing into a semi truck because his brakes failed in the rain.
Look at what the thousands of recalls of major cars have done for some companies.
So if somehow motorbikes become just as popular as a scooter it won't happen until someone mass produces these bikes with Motorcycle wheels and disc/drum brakes. Make it be able to withstand the most ridiculous abuse any ^&%$% can give it.
I think Whizzer is the closest thing we have to meeting that goal. No more bike kits from them. I think they are more advanced as far as looking ahead than anyone else right now.
So what if down the road anything that is HOME MADE cannot be made legal? What if the Whizzer is the only MB that can be legal because it has turn signals and break lights?
We will never know.
But for now it's like back when gas was 99 cents back in 1999.
Let's cherish what we have right now.
I really believe the survival of this motor-sport centers around this being considered a hobby by most people that see you passing by and by not making this sport popular.
Right now we are right up there with the bar stool racers.
I really think it should stay that way.
We should be looking at the under 50cc scooters.
Right now in Colorado no plates or registration is needed.
We should be seeing how future laws will affect them while keeping our beloved creations in the background.

As far as emissions go, I find it really hard to believe that by using a MB at 150mpg, I am causing more pollution than if I get out my gas engine car at 20mpg and go the same distance.

Back