official MBc stance on EPA?

yes, there are a lot of things i could lose sleep over...all i'm concerned about is where we fit in...so far, we don't "fit" anywhere, we just keep trying to stay under the radar...and that's not possible anymore.

and dancin' around the reality of that won't change it.

maybe i'm being misunderstood...i love all our contraptions from a gearhead and cyclist's viewpoint, but i'm being pragamatic about our legal and political situation...i want the motorized bicycle to become it's own thing...in the usa there are certain ways to accomplish certain things.

Yeah, well do it on your own turf and leave the humble HT out of your vocabulary on this subject, because you don't ride one yourself.
OR, if ya such a gearhead, then the move ought to be towards education and trade skills in our own back yards.
Nothing personal, but I guess I'm allowed to say my perception of things ?
Have you posted anything on how YOU build YOUR contraptions Augi, do you share this knowledge/expirience, on this forum ? Have you posterd detailed pics on how your builds were made if ya so into the other MB option, step by step ?

methinks you have no clue about my HT experience, or experiences...or you'd never say any of that to me.

that was pretty gol-darn rank of you to say those things. ever notice that "gone_fishin"" dude has several very detailed posts about a ton of different projects and other cool stuff? air-cleaners, chain tensioners, pictures of cdi's, rings, mixture-clips, etc, lighting systems, gas tanks, etc...well, that was me before i went fishin'..."my own turf"...that's funny...so funny i'm not gonna explain how funny...i "went fishin'" because peeps like you aren't capable of seeing the big picture, or showing appreciation for someone who can. when you came along and complained about "bolts missing" in your kit, we all empathized...well, some of us knew exactly what was up, because we'd been at it for several months & engines, several thousands of miles and every problem and every fix in the book, which we wrote right here! ...and some of us have had enough, and we've moved on, at least until someone wants to build us a HT worth the time.

so...civil, eh, moddies? ...no chance...but it ain't on me.

Last edited:
Yea Augi contributed a lot to this forum. Some of it was deleted by him but that's besides the point. But this whole issue is a dead end. I mean when we really think about it,what's gonna make us ALL happy?
I'm sorry but I just want everyone to get along. Yes. I understand. It's not about that. It's about the future of this Motorsport. Augi got Sabrina all ready for Bonneville. People are gonna notice. Vendors can't keep their supplies. I see this. I see what can happen.
If a company can certify their engines then when the tornado hits they are ready. Other companies haven't boarded up their windows just yet so their gonna get a little bit wet. But I really don't think they will ban the motored bike. Because if they do I think they will give exceptions to the over 30 crowd. Maybe you'll have to be 21 to ride on the streets. The motored bike is older than the scooter. It's older than the Motorcycle.
How can you ban that?
But we don't know what tomorrow will bring.
We simply don't know.

Bolts, you just joined this place in Jan 08. You can hardly be an expert on Augi. He MADE this place what it is. You're just picking up the scraps. So, just chill on the attacks.

yes, ultimately, large is right, what does it matter? as a group, that's the exact attitude we've shown a curious public.

yaknow...when i said i was going to ride sabrina down to dan's place, on that rebuilt beat-up rear wheel, i did it. with a HT. the whole story's still here. when i said i would keep MBc together no matter how many folks gave me a hard time, no matter how many friends jumped ship, when i said i would make it a place of value...i did it.

when i said there'd be a national motorized bicycle rally in ocean park, it happened.

when i said i'd build and ride a motorized bicyle at bonneville, i meant it. and i'm going to do it. she's a beauty, and y'all feel you can't say anything because you don't like my get-it-done mannerism.

so...step into my shoes, and ponder this before you type a single word:

where's the FARGEN' LOVE, you buncha hypocrites!!??? brother what? brother Mb-'er? phooey on yer brother-talk, 'cuz it's only talk.

i'm rockin' the MB-house, havin' an absolute blast, trying to share it...it may bite a bit that my buddies can't make the leap and enjoy this with me, but it only bites them, it hasn't stopped me...but it has made it a bit less fun than it should be. sorry to say, but "mbc" won't be along for the ride at bonneville. i wish it were different, but MBc-support hasn't been much of a factor in the project.

oh, boo-hoo...well, all i know is i'm racing a motorized bicycle in a semi-professional situation in about 3 weeks, it's making me shake like a little kid, the bicycle rocks, my engines rock even more, the trip, the memories, will be mine forever...all because i never let any of the myriad attacks i've had tossed at me sway me from my path.

zoom-a-ZOOM!

so, OT...MBc says we can discuss EPA so long as it stays civil...but it's clear if anyone brings it up it will not remain civil...what's also clear is the glaring lack of moderation of the uncivil replies to my civil assertions. an "unofficial" MBc-pattern emerges.

"dissappointing" is a huge understatement...but not surprising, some are aware i've predicted this part, too.

btw, large...sometimes the best place to hide is right out in plain site.

Last edited:
where's the FARGEN' LOVE, you buncha hypocrites!!??? brother what? brother Mb-'er? phooey on yer brother-talk, 'cuz it's only talk.

so, OT...MBc says we can discuss EPA so long as it stays civil...but it's clear if anyone brings it up it will not remain civil...what's also clear is the glaring lack of moderation of the uncivil replies to my civil assertions. an "unofficial" MBc-pattern emerges.

Woo, Me thinks you're barking at who-go-theres.
So you us to moderate things you don't like,or all uncivil responses?

Yeah, well do it on your own turf and leave the humble HT out of your vocabulary on this subject, because you don't ride one yourself.
OR, if ya such a gearhead, then the move ought to be towards education and trade skills in our own back yards.
Nothing personal, but I guess I'm allowed to say my perception of things ?
Have you posted anything on how YOU build YOUR contraptions Augi, do you share this knowledge/expirience, on this forum ? Have you posterd detailed pics on how your builds were made if ya so into the other MB option, step by step ?

i suppose this would be considered a civil contribution. this topic is demonstrating the apparent bias of the group and the staff, which was the basis for my plain question...so quit "spittin" up my back and tellin' me it's raining.

Bolts, that comment was a little out of line.

Augie-
What is this bias that you feel the group has? That we favor Chinese 2-stroke engines? Just because a moderator or two likes the Chinese 2-stroke engines better than the alternatives does not mean that the staff as a whole shares the same belief. As far as shutting down EPA discussions, we are only doing so because they consistently get out of hand.

with a few exceptions i'll concede, it comes down to a HT'er who took personal offense because someone wanted to talk about emissions or quality, that's when it becomes uncivil and then the epa-topic gets shut down...and i spent the 1st page of this topic trying to justify why it should even be talked about. what a stonewall atmosphere, all the while peeps talk about mbc being all for one and tolerance...sorry, buddy, i'm not seein' it.

look, tom...it's not as big a deal as it seems right now, you know i always find a way to accomplish what i'm after...but i have to say that lately i've become increasingly hesitant to use MBc as a credential when i try to work with the media or legislators.

Last edited:
Back