official MBc stance on EPA?

I'm gonna be down right frank here.
Augi,I joined the other forum BECAUSE I LOVE this motorsport and chatting with others that are into the same thing.
I was torn for a long time before I did it. But I decided instead of siding with you or anybody else to side with MYSELF.
And they are a nice bunch of guys just like the guys here are just as nice.
They are NOT LAUGHING at us.
I'm sorry as to how that forum started but they needed a forum,man. You...no. We didn't allow that of them so they started their own forum.
And yes,I DO agree with you and the "We need to get really organized here" aspect of this whole thing but WE CANNOT STOP what is CURRENTLY GOING ON.
Out of all the people out there with motored bikes,90% don't like forums. Those 90% will continue with China engines and homebuilts and those 90% will continue to try to stay under the radar. I'm honestly going to worry when I see more motoredbikes in my neighborhood. But right now,two others in my area with friction drives is not gonna cut it. I see FAR FAR more scooters out there with their 90 mph plates where their plates should go but Colorado is so lenient they don't need tags.
So bottom line. I have to do what I feel is right. And that is that I will not make enemies. I like everybody here. And everybody that built themselves a Motoredbike or owns a Whizzer.
Augi,I wish down the tunnel there is a light.
I wish we can all get along.
I ride the bike trails.
I'm not supposed to.
Cops just wave at me.
The law CLEARLY states that I cannot ride down the bike trails.
And yet they just wave at me.
I do hope you are not right,Augi.
But if you are and when that day happens,we will adapt.
We will adapt.
Or hope they wave back. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanna re-emphasize a couple things Augi said in this pile of mostly emotionally written poo.

1) Consumerism is real. If you keep buying HT engines and spread the word of these engines... those manufacturers will assume everything's great and keep with the poor quality control standards.

2) No thread should be closed so long as we can all get something useful from it. I'm not so sure if bringing this EPA stuff up all the time is really that helpful, tho. If someone receives a bad product, don't recommend it. Word of mouth is what makes or breaks a company, and I personally think we should leave it at that.

In my opinion the days of the 2 stroke engines is coming to an end.
I sure hope not, because I hear Tanaka and Mitsubishi make some really fine motors. My 33cc Tanaka rip-off on a 20" bike tops out at 32mph. I can't wait to put a REAL 33cc Tanaka on a 26" bike. I'd never need anything more. My whole consumerism philosophy now is just buy Japanese products... Tanaka, Mitsu, Honda, and Subaru. Oh, and how 'bout that... they're all EPA compliant. Whudda ya know?

......Augi,I joined the other forum BECAUSE I LOVE this motorsport and chatting with others that are into the same thing.......I'm sorry as to how that forum started but they needed a forum,man. You...no. We didn't allow that of them so they started their own forum........
I ride the bike trails.
I'm not supposed to.
Cops just wave at me.
The law CLEARLY states that I cannot ride down the bike trails.
And yet they just wave at me.
I do hope you are not right,Augi.
But if you are and when that day happens,we will adapt.
We will adapt.
Or hope they wave back. :D

I don't know about this "other forum" and its history, but I do know that the administration here has blown the whole EPA compliance thing way out of proportion under the guise of "covering their butts". (this is just my opinion, of course)

Large Filip - obviously, the cops by you know you and know that you are a responsible rider. Unfortunately, all it will take is an idiot to blast down a bike trail and hurt himself or others, and then the laws will have to be enforced. The laws shouldn't be there to begin with IMO. If someone rides a MB irresponsibly, that individual should be punished under existing laws. Unfortunately, government only thinks they are being productive when they pump out more laws. (to protect us from ourselves)

I am looking forward to riding (responsibly) on some bike trails, and we'll see what happens. Technically, I think a MB is considered a moped here in NJ. But once again, I'm pretty sure the cops will just smile and wave.

To the EPA issue.

Anyone interested in this should see this month's issue of American Iron Magazine. There is an excellent article about how the EPA and C.A.R.B. treat custom motorcycle construction. The neat thing is that there are some options I never thought were available. The EPA, apparently, was amenable to suggestions by the motorcycle lobby to make EPA acceptance possible for the "little guy" in certain circumstances without any testing whatsoever.

Please. Give it a read if we are going to discuss this issue so that we can discuss it from knowledge, not ignorance.

Large why are you trying to stir up the pot and bring issues back to life. Seems like every month we hear the same thing from you. BOO HOO I'm gonna go join the other forum. Well, do it. If you're looking for sympathy you will find it under "S" in the dictionary.

Last edited:
the other forum started because some people didn't believe it or appreciate it when i said i was the only moddy for over 700 people, or again when we said there was only 3 for over 1200...or because we knew the value of this place even then, and demanded community involvement in forum-structure & -maintenance...if we were gonna spend all weekend on here keeping things in order, then you were gonna do your part...i was appalled at the gruff we got over that policy, i was eventually appalled about some other things, too...uh-huh!

so, now i care not one bit about who joins what. that i quit caring should bother you more than the other stuff, large. someday, out-of-bounds riding will bite you (us!) in the butt, like when a local cop sees someone braggin' on a popular forum about what he's getting away with, and said cop "rethinks" waving to you next time, lest someone see. sheesh, "bro"...you do that and try to re-declare bro-hood in the same OT-non-contribution to the thread...since you solicited my response: this is gettin' beyond silly. i mean it, i've written many things and people off by now, i'm too busy in the real world. i know you've noticed, too bad yer politics won't let you share the super MB-fun with me.

i never said anything about stopping anything except illegal activity, you will so not be able to make a reasonable argument to change my stance on that. y'all seem to be missing the point about my being willing to help anyone who's making positive strides for the overall advancement of MB'ing.

now, can we get back ot? which was "we should be able to talk about these things, because we feel pro-active beats re-active ANY day of the week."

when i have time, i intend to start a relevant topic. meantime...hough', any linkage to that article?

Last edited:
Regardless of how that other forum started they have been really nice to me. I mean how can I not like them? I'm sorry but I can't.... side with anyone.
I ride the trails because I would get killed on the roads. Lets face it. Our bikes are no scooters. With the exception of Pablo's kit and tall gearing our bikes on the whole regardless of what kit don't like to go past 30 mph.
Which is why I'm considering Pablo's kit so maybe I CAN stay off the trails because I could go as fast as a scooter then.
Augi,I still like you regardless of the who and the what.
I will never forget when you helped Scott with the piston and ring rebuild over chat.
I'll never forget all the people you have helped including myself.
I'll never forget all the stories you have told us and am looking forward to the future.
As far as I'm concerned,you are still a LEGEND here.
I'm sorry if you feel this way,but I think the compliancy will find it's way eventually.
I can't tell you how you should feel about me. But you know how I feel about you now.
Yes. I'd like to see that article too.
It really should not be that painful to get these things legal.
It really should not cost the vendors thousands of dollars.
That's the whole thing around this.
Most engine vendors here and everywhere are no Rockafellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Large I would not worry very mutch about riding on the trails, all you need to do is show the nice police oficer your chest or more importantly the scars on said chest. thy usaly make exceptions for the impared( no harm intended.) Heck Im a 400 lb guy, with asthma and bad knees I would have to carry around a dr note

Back