Offset Intake Manifold?

wesrb

So I just built my motorized bike, but unfortunately I am having to run it without a carb filter because I cannot get the carb filter to fit onto the carb because it runs into the frame. I was wondering if the Offset manifolds would affect my performance negatively or not. Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Akutey

Having a proper air filter is more important then a optimal intake manifold on a stock bike.
So don't worry too much about it. It does takes a slight bit off the top in speed and adds it to the bottom torque/acceleration.

wesrb

Having a proper air filter is more important then a optimal intake manifold on a stock bike.
So don't worry too much about it. It does takes a slight bit off the top in speed and adds it to the bottom torque/acceleration.
okay good to know, thank you for the response.

ESmalik

Some offsets will make it run like absolute sh*t, no matter how much you try and tune. I highly suggest trying to put a shorty intake on it if you can

wesrb

No I mean throttle response will go to sh*t, and any low end power will go to sh*t. Not an air leak. Certain offsets are ok, but some are extremely restrictive
Do you know where i could get a short intake i've searched ebay

mark20

Do you know where i could get a short intake i've searched ebay
heres one, you just have to block off the barb