Offset Intake Manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rolls around the sprockets with less drag. I didn't think it would make that much difference but the chain that came with my ultra cheap kit was just junk. I mostly notice while pedaling with the engine off. It coasts so much better as well. Wish i had quantifiable data for you.

Just rolls around the sprockets with less drag. I didn't think it would make that much difference but the chain that came with my ultra cheap kit was just junk. I mostly notice while pedaling with the engine off. It coasts so much better as well. Wish i had quantifiable data for you.
Sounds like something good to try, a new chain with 4.9 star reviews is only $17 or so on Amazon. Everything that comes with these Chinese kits is terrible, I mean at this point the only thing I haven't scrapped or modified is the throttle and clutch cables, engine block + internals, chain, chain tensioner, and carburetor intake :( . I wonder if anyone would sell maybe a $200 or $150 kit with better quality parts/engine itself. The $100 Chinagirl is an excellent starter kit for someone like me a few months ago before I got into the hobby but I'm hesitant to build another motorized bicycle (even though the one I have now is almost perfected for my needs after 3+ months of work) knowing that I'll replace/modify at least half of the parts to make it decent. That's probably $50 in miscellaneous parts right there and a week of work. Another $50-60 to make it really rip (my experience). The issue is this large disparity between the low end and high end kits. If you have knowledge and experience with custom fabrication, it would be awesome to buy a predator 79cc or some similar engine and mount it on the bike. But most of us can't do that at the moment. So we have to buy engines designed for a bike instead of designing a bike around an engine. I think if some company sold decent quality 2 stroke engine kits for $150-200 dollars (not saying that engine needs to produce more power, just needs to be more reliable and higher quality...) people who are looking to build a second MB would purchase them. Save the $800 down the road for your 4th of 5th build lol. And I do understand the fun of rebuilding and modifying the Chinese motor kits, that's why most of us are here. Few people build/rides motorized bikes for serious use as a daily transportation vehicle, or so I think. We all enjoy building and riding these unique half-motorcycles and half-bicycles, or it wouldn't be worth the trouble. I mean the kit I got for $100 off eBay came with holes in the box when it was delivered, half the parts weren't adjusted properly, the head was loose, the exhaust pipe screws wouldn't even screw all the way into the hole...you know the story. I'm wondering if anyone else here would be willing to purchase a "medium end" MB kit that resolves these issues for around $150. Let me know what you think!

Offset intake will kill your top end. If its all you've used it won't be as noticeable, but I tried it back to back and was surprised at how much performance it cost.

If you cut off the second turn so its just angled to one side its not as bad - just run it like that as an angled intake if you need the clearance. Ideally though, a shorty intake would be best.

Sounds like something good to try, a new chain with 4.9 star reviews is only $17 or so on Amazon. Everything that comes with these Chinese kits is terrible, I mean at this point the only thing I haven't scrapped or modified is the throttle and clutch cables, engine block + internals, chain, chain tensioner, and carburetor intake :( . I wonder if anyone would sell maybe a $200 or $150 kit with better quality parts/engine itself. The $100 Chinagirl is an excellent starter kit for someone like me a few months ago before I got into the hobby but I'm hesitant to build another motorized bicycle (even though the one I have now is almost perfected for my needs after 3+ months of work) knowing that I'll replace/modify at least half of the parts to make it decent. That's probably $50 in miscellaneous parts right there and a week of work. Another $50-60 to make it really rip (my experience). The issue is this large disparity between the low end and high end kits. If you have knowledge and experience with custom fabrication, it would be awesome to buy a predator 79cc or some similar engine and mount it on the bike. But most of us can't do that at the moment. So we have to buy engines designed for a bike instead of designing a bike around an engine. I think if some company sold decent quality 2 stroke engine kits for $150-200 dollars (not saying that engine needs to produce more power, just needs to be more reliable and higher quality...) people who are looking to build a second MB would purchase them. Save the $800 down the road for your 4th of 5th build lol. And I do understand the fun of rebuilding and modifying the Chinese motor kits, that's why most of us are here. Few people build/rides motorized bikes for serious use as a daily transportation vehicle, or so I think. We all enjoy building and riding these unique half-motorcycles and half-bicycles, or it wouldn't be worth the trouble. I mean the kit I got for $100 off eBay came with holes in the box when it was delivered, half the parts weren't adjusted properly, the head was loose, the exhaust pipe screws wouldn't even screw all the way into the hole...you know the story. I'm wondering if anyone else here would be willing to purchase a "medium end" MB kit that resolves these issues for around $150. Let me know what you think!
Unfortunately the Chinese quality is garbage but the price is awesome,with this said these engines can be made more reliable even with higher output builds.Now being able to increase reliability doesn't really improve the quality nor does it ensure that it will last like a properly engineered product would but we do our best and make the best of it that we can.You can buy better setup/prepped engines but they still have the crappy China quality parts and still can't be guaranteed to last or even perform better because it's the end user's ability and knowledge used to setup and tune it and with this said no engine builder can really guarantee anything unless they set it up, tune it and the end user doesn't mess anything up after that witch again is unlikely because most folks are never satisfied with a good thing and want more!

Unfortunately the Chinese quality is garbage but the price is awesome,with this said these engines can be made more reliable even with higher output builds.Now being able to increase reliability doesn't really improve the quality nor does it ensure that it will last like a properly engineered product would but we do our best and make the best of it that we can.You can buy better setup/prepped engines but they still have the crappy China quality parts and still can't be guaranteed to last or even perform better because it's the end user's ability and knowledge used to setup and tune it and with this said no engine builder can really guarantee anything unless they set it up, tune it and the end user doesn't mess anything up after that witch again is unlikely because most folks are never satisfied with a good thing and want more!
Very well said. Being a good builder can go a very long way regardless of the quality

A kit that has better reliability without high-end go fast parts would be nice for a daily commuter. Japanese bearings, balanced crank, name brand rings, a steel sleeve, better cooling head, all nuts and bolts high grade, regina chain and the aftermarket cnc throttle with the roller bearing under a window. That would make a much more reliable kit than the stock ones we have available now, and shouldn't cost too much more than stock kits. Those parts alone replacing the crap most end up replacing over time (except the jug, many only run chrome plated jugs) would be cheaper to get up front than afterwards, tossing stuff you paid for in the trash.

Isn't half the fun upgrading these items yourself?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back