Oh Oh axle just lock up! Need a fast remedy.

If your lucky your bearing cup came unlocked and tightened against your freewheel. You'll more than likely have to back that off and re lock it against it's lock nut. Myself, I'd completely remove the entire rear wheel, completely dissemble and clean the entire hub before filling with new grease and reassembly and bearing tension adjustment but that's just me...
The REI Mechanic screwed me over cross threaded strip all threads off my hub his first day of work.

Would it be possible to find a smaller console sprocket rethread the strip do they make one?

Number 2 option get the right size dye switch back with front rim rethread that undamage hub. If so what size dye for the sprocket I got 49mm on the hub and 34 on damage and what it the thread pitch 24?
IMG_20190409_140235216.jpg
IMG_20190409_143248385.jpg
IMG_20190409_144952756.jpg
IMG_20190409_144624560.jpg

Yippie REI just order from Bikeberry today replacement mag rims for me today out their pocket. These are 3 cog mag rims that come with a 36 tooth sprocket attach for about $134.00
Here's my chance to try out a reduce sprocket been in the back of my head for years.

I'm glad they did cuz I don't want to be on bad feelings with REI most of the time they are very helpful and friendly!

I went back to a conventional rag spoke rim and notice the difference again go over ruff parking lots and roads the rags are very bumpy I even get head aches from the jarring shocks the heavy mag rims really smooth out pavement defects and calm nerves of spoke bust breaks.

Last edited:
man,....i would have bought spoked, conventional wheels, bro. replacing a busted spoke is easy and cheap. spoked rims can flex and be adjusted and/or re-trued. ---but if those aluminum mag rims hit ONE big bump,... it will crack. and it's game over for that wheel. ---INSTANT game over.... you cant even re-true them if they start wobbling or rubbing. at least you can make it home with a busted spoke. god forbid if that rim cracks,....you might not even be able to go another foot, ---let alone limp it home.

those rims scare me.

i wish you luck.

man,....i would have bought spoked, conventional wheels, bro. replacing a busted spoke is easy and cheap. spoked rims can flex and be adjusted and/or re-trued. ---but if those aluminum mag rims hit ONE big bump,... it will crack. and it's game over for that wheel. ---INSTANT game over.... you cant even re-true them if they start wobbling or rubbing. at least you can make it home with a busted spoke. god forbid if that rim cracks,....you might not even be able to go another foot, ---let alone limp it home.

those rims scare me.

i wish you luck.
Naah I been through 4 conventional rims in four month I know of others with the same problem, to replace a spoke is murder if you don't have the special tool to yank the sprocket off your screwed got to pay an average of $9.00 for some one to pull it off at a bike shop to replace spokes average of $27.00 then true it your looking at more expense plus that the spoke rims will collapse after system death of spokes breaking rapidly one after another.

The cheapest rim I ever found was $25.00 by luck most others are around $60.00 + & up very undependable and the ride performance sucks and the worry on a long trip is too much. And the spokes if I remember right I think I was paying from one bike shop to the next $2.75 to $7.00 each always a minimum of 5 so time that and then to repeat that again and again it anoyingly expensive.

And A MAG RIM IS NEVER GOING TO CRACK OR BREAK ITS SUPPER HEAVY STUFF.
Yes I would be screwed if it crack because to induce it I would need to drive off a 1000' ft cliff.
You can throw a grenade at it, it will blast off into space a regular rim will turn into shrapnel spokes like porcupine quails sticking everywhere endurance similar to an aluminum beer can i think the biggest point is 3/32" bead the rest about 1/64" even double wall tuff collapse once one spoke is out the rest will follow it into the grave collapsing the rim.
A mag rim lowest point about 1/8" then that is often reinforce by the structure design.

Oh well have a nice day.

SCORE! 2 new mag wheels, congrats and I think they're cool.

oh where's that physics kid piping in on 6 solid 12ga steel spokes in an arc being stronger with the tensile strength than 1 solid cast aluminum runner, (not counting the mag rim alloy def is not T6061)
btw I have one I can smash to show the cross section, but I have an inkling it's pocketed with tiny air bubbles

Bwahahahahaha! That just made my day!! Not sure what I did this time but it sure got your panties in your crack.

You don't need to cry about, just leave little Bobbi.

Last edited:
Naah I been through 4 conventional rims in four month I know of others with the same problem, to replace a spoke is murder if you don't have the special tool to yank the sprocket off your screwed got to pay an average of $9.00 for some one to pull it off at a bike shop to replace spokes average of $27.00 then true it your looking at more expense plus that the spoke rims will collapse after system death of spokes breaking rapidly one after another.

Hmm, that's some bad luck. I put over 100K miles on pedal bikes before I busted a rim, and that was jumping something.
Only other time I've ever destroyed a wheel was crashes.

And A MAG RIM IS NEVER GOING TO CRACK OR BREAK ITS SUPPER HEAVY STUFF.

Ahahaha what? First of all, when you say "mag rim", I picture plastic freestyle rims. I've broken a Skyway and have heard of others breaking. Second of all, these alum "mags" are all prone to cracking, simply because they have broad struts of aluminum. Maybe it won't crack today, or tomorrow, but they are definitely crackable, and the more miles you put on them, the more likely they'll crack. Aluminum _loves_ to crack. Give it time and vibration.

Oh well have a nice day.

U2 homes.

Edit: :LOL:

lets argue about toys.---and f*** you spare parts. go eat a dick. hopefully they boot me from this fa***t forum/website because im f***ing done arguing with a bunch of assholes.

That's a stage 4 meltdown, bigbutterbean-style. Yall related?

Back