Oh Oh axle just lock up! Need a fast remedy.

This is one of those threads that still gives me hope for you, inspector. Glad REI sorted you out bro!!! I've heard nothing but good things about them. Wish I had one around me, just have Sports Chalet and Big 5...

After a while on here you start noticing that some of the guys you like the most are the ones that hit a nerve every once in a while. Some guys have "big egos" or just hard opinions on certain things. Do I let it bother me? Hell no. I know I'm always right.:rolleyes:
LMFAO!!!!! So right though. This is the internet, you will bump into jagged corners from time to time. Thank god you didn't get physically injured and move on. I try my best to not speak on topics I'm not knowledgeable in, I do my best to not show my retardation (except when I'm drunk, then game on!!!).

LMFAO!!!!! So right though. This is the internet, you will bump into jagged corners from time to time. Thank god you didn't get physically injured and move on. I try my best to not speak on topics I'm not knowledgeable in, I do my best to not show my retardation (except when I'm drunk, then game on!!!).
The thing that saves me is I only drink if I'm alone or with somebody.

Used to be a heavy drinker, myself. My s/n, no surprise, right? Haha well my s/n is a portmanteau of my first and last name and a pun regarding my ancestry. Like most of us, the surface is an unpolished veneer over the interior. I'm not just an a-hole, I can be an interesting a-hole. Sometimes.

Still don't know what I did to the guy in this thread. Oh well. Maybe because I liked the physics post that had nothing to do with him.

In above pic, front wheel left side pic of axle nut outside/inside. I'm not familiar w/mag wheels, shouldn't there be a locking nut on the outside of that tensioner nut? Otherwise what keeps it from turning to be too loose or too tight compressing the bearings in?

In above pic, front wheel left side pic of axle nut outside/inside. I'm not familiar w/mag wheels, shouldn't there be a locking nut on the outside of that tensioner nut? Otherwise what keeps it from turning to be too loose or too tight compressing the bearings in?
Some mags come with a shouldered axle to prevent binding the inner race. Others don't in which case I cut a piece of tubing to the length between the inner stops for the outer race in the hub. Either way they should have a locking nut.
View media item 61777
View media item 61482

More sad s**t news the rims Bikebury sent me don't work they hug and crush the side of my frame crushing the brake no room to back the brake off. Next bicycle chain climbs the sprocket until the chain snaps or until it strips the hub or until it crushes the sprocket. I might be able to readjust the axle slide it over 1 inch to see if that will center the rim, but I can't make any modifications cause of warrante Bikebury is squirming like a snake to get out of satisfaction.

Back