Ohio Newbie to the Motorized World

gary.lehman

Local time
10:59 AM
Hello everyone, I have been a cycling enthusiast since middle school. Though I have thought about getting a motor for awhile, rising gas prices, a long...early...sometimes hazardous commute is driving me to consider some mechanical assistance. I still haven't decided on brand or type and that is the primary reason I'm here (though I'm sure I'll stay once I get the hang of what I need and what I'm doing).

A little more about me, I'm a retired Army Officer in my 40s. I'm a father of five (the oldest four being graduated or in high school). I love physical challenges and enjoy fitness. As a child I loved reading Popular Science and Mother Earth News and things "contraptions" always interested me. I have also never liked following the norm but rather chosing my own path...even it the road was more hazardous and slower. I'm also a little frugal at heart so little victories (like saving on gas while getting my exercise) helps me feel better. With that I'm playing with this idea of a bike that I can both peddle and / or go 30+ mph on. If it was simple gas savings I would simply buy a 150/250cc scooter, get my 80-100mpg, and be done with it. That would be too easy though :D

hello Gary and welcome to MBc! good luck on your endeavors and enjoy the ride!

Gary, welcome to the forum. If you plan on building one of these then your in the right place. It is wise to check out all the boards and once you make a decision you can tune in to the posts that are more specific to your project. There is an abundance of talent here which is apparant by one good scroll thru the picture gallery. You will find that the folks here are eager to help if you do have problems. I'll be one of the first to wish you good luck, and assure you that once you get into this, you are going to have a blast!!

Back