Oil and gas requirements for 79cc 4stroke trike engine

xspade17x

Local time
6:36 AM
I have a 79cc 4stroke gas trike kit and I need to know what oil to put In it. I think I read somewhere 15W40 oil and regular 87 unleaded gasoline. Not mixed each one has their own tank. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

What are you planning for the motor? Are you going to upgrade it any? 87 octane is fine for a stock motor, just remember to shut off the fuel flow and run it out after each use. You won't have to run it out of fuel if you use it every day, but if it's just a toy and sets for extended periods of time, then it's best not to set with fuel in the float bowl.
Straight 30w is what I use in the crankcase of all my karts.

Maintenance is key to longevity. Get a techometer/hour counter. Then change the oil at the recommended change schedule. You'll also want to clean the air filter on the engines recommended scheduled cleaning times. They may even have fuel filter replacement schedules and spark plug replacement schedules.

Oil viscosity depends on temperature. You won't be storing it outside and expecting it to start in the winter in Minnesota with 15w40. On the other hand 0 weight oil might not be that good when it's 100 degrees out. (Actually probably would be fine oil is really good these days) a modern "multi viscosity" oil such as 5w30 if it's cold where you live or 10w30 if it's warm would work great and get you the protection you need while being thin enough to start in the cold and get better mileage because of the less "drag" of the thinner oil. We run napa synthetic 5w30 (cause it's cheaper than anything else when on sale) in our various small engines at my work. They are typically only ran in 50 degrees or warmer environments but they last years and years

What is your "cold"? Was 20 degrees below 0 degrees farenheit just the other day here. If you really don't see any temps below 50f you can totally run that 15w40 all year if you want.

Usually only at night in winter it can get below 50 here. I found these at Walmart. I want to go with one of the two that are not synthetic preferably the one made for 4 stroke enginesOr would one of the synthetic be better?

Attachments

• 20200222_131847.jpg
    20200222_131847.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 20200222_131842.jpg
    20200222_131842.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 274
Back