Oil Change For Honda GX35

just wondering how often i should be changing the oil in my motor?
It depends on how often you ride. I have a motorized bicycle and if I ride it to three times a week I will change it every week. I buy a quart of the four stroke motor oil and I got a old dawn bottle. Only uses like not even half a cup. When I emptied it I used McDonald's soda cup glass whatever you want to call it and it may be 2in on the bottom was oil.

I use rotella synthetic 10w-40 works perfect on my 4-stroker

Also i did my first change at the 10 hour mark and since then i been doing it every 50-100 miles(calculated by my speedometer)

have had no problems

during the fall i switch to 10w-30 rotella synthetic

I would like to know if anybody has added a oil drain plug on the bottom of the Honda GX35 engine. I have a Schwinn trike with one and tilting the whole trike to drain the oil from the fill hole is not practical.

I spose a setup like that would benefit from using a suction pump to extract the oil:

Pump.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Get a tachometer/hour counter. I change my oil every 25 hours and clean the air filter every 10 hours. You can find the t/hc's on eBay and they're very affordable. They have a single wire that wraps around the spark plug wire.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back