Oil leaking, fouled plug...****!

adrian101

Local time
7:52 PM
Well today i was riding around town and when i got home from my ride i noticed that i had a oil/fuel leak coming from the spark plug hole. The oil was dried on the top of the head cylinder.

I checked to see if the spark plug was loose but it wasn't, when i took the plug out it was coated in oil, dry with wet patches.

The bike is running on the 2nd notch from the top on the needle in the carb
and i'm using a 16:1 oil/fuel ratio as its a new motor.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?:-/

hows the thread around the plug? hows it run ok ? i tried fiddling with the notches on the carbie and where yours is mine ran like junk down low. it coughed and spluttered until i put it on the top notch and it was good again im only new to this so let me know how u went ill be interested to know oh also what kind of engine is it whod u get it from cheers mate , mick

air quality, air temp, and where you are in the world will make engines run different.
so whatever notch on the slide works for one person, it may not work for another due to where they live.

check the little washer on the spark plug threads. These washers and made to seal the top of the plug to the head. if that washers is cheaply made, it will leak. if you are using the spark plug that came with your kit (not an ngk) i would toss it and get a good ngk plug.

ohhhhh ok that makes sense im new to these too ( i work on diesel engines totaly different scale of things ) how far above sea level does it take to start having affect on these things?

Back