Break In Oil leaking from sparkplug

MaxwellMathis

Local time
3:22 PM
I ran my motorized bike 3 times so far and oil is leaking out of the sparkplug, I am using a 16:1 oil mix because I am breaking the engine in. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 2315B89D-4648-4569-905F-473709AC16A8.jpeg
    2315B89D-4648-4569-905F-473709AC16A8.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 235
tighten your head, or replace your head gasket. have you been checking tightness after a heat cycle? check the plug and gasket and tightness on the pipe while you are down there.
I figured it out, one of the bolts wasn’t tightening up so I put red locktite on it and tightened it up.

I figured it out, one of the bolts wasn’t tightening up so I put red locktite on it and tightened it up.
Go to the hardware store and get some m8 all thread rod. Use a hacksaw or whater and cut your own length. While at the hardware store grab some m8 high hat heavy hex nuts, or m8 coupler nuts. Usually the high high heavy hex are used on the upgraded 8mm mount studs. Use only grade two rod. Better to strip a stud you can replace from over torqueing, than screw the soft arse case threads up, which are more of a pain and cost more to repair. We all over torque, everyone of us.

One thing that everyone needs is a torque wrench, you can easily over tighten the head or tighten it uneven and warp the head. Torque in a x pattern to no more than 14lbs for 8mm studs. This is especially important if you are new to engines and don't have the feel for it.

Harbor Freight has torque wrenches cheaper than most.
Yeah I already have a ton of tools and I torqued it to 12, its actually coming out of the spark plug so im gonna wait a few days to see if it will seal by itself and if it doesn't ill use a different head.

Back