Oil leaks on new Whizzer

Dannt D

Local time
9:57 PM
MY new 07 Ne5 has 125 miles on it and leaks oil bad. It looks like it is comming from under the cylinder or from where the crank case splits. I did the o-ring on the cam trick and it helped but I still get a lot of oil on the floor. I changed the oil with Mobil One Synthetic at 100 mi. The oil was low when I did the change, just below the cross hatched area on the stick. The botom of the engine and frame is wet with oil. Is this a common problem or did I just get a bad one?

Hi Dannt D,
It is important that you drain the Mobil One right away! Do not use synt. oil for the first 500 miles. I don't use synt oil at all in a Whizzer because it only cost more is thinner, and didn't make any difference on the Dyno runs, and if it helped the gas mileage, I can't find the difference. Because the new Whizzer is a basic copy of the vintage motor using the "splash" oil system, synt. oil "foams" or collects "air bubbles" when beat with the rod "dasher". I was told syth. oil doesn't do what I just described, but my tests show when you drain the synt. from a hot motor it has a foamy texture, and about 1/2 hour later the drained oil looks normal [just dirty], whereas when you drain 40 weight from a hot motor it just looks a dark color [dirty]. I can tell you for sure your rings will not seat, and the piston will not mate with the cylinder if you use synt. oil.

Use straight 40 weight oil, I use Shell brand in all my motors, and have had great results. I have motors with over 6000 miles on them and when I look inside they look new.

If you are losing oil from the center crankcase gasket, contact your dealer to have the gasket replaced. If you don't have a local dealer, just obtain the needed gaskets from any authorized Whizzer dealer on this site [Bill Green, Dallas Maddox, Mike Simpson, Whizzer OuterBanks], and I will gladly supply the needed information to change the gasket.
Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Coprporation
Quenton

Back