Oil question

jerrett71

Local time
7:27 PM
My motor instruction book says first tank use a 18 to 1 then 25 to one i found a mix chart on the net told me to use 7 ounces to 1 gallon ,seems kinda much but it dosent smoke i rode it around for a bit with no problems is this correct i dont want to screw my engine uo its a skyhawk 66cc 2011 thanks all mabye a 1/4 tank has run thought the engine with no problems..:helmet:

My motor instruction book says first tank use a 18 to 1 then 25 to one i found a mix chart on the net told me to use 7 ounces to 1 gallon ,seems kinda much but it dosent smoke i rode it around for a bit with no problems is this correct i dont want to screw my engine uo its a skyhawk 66cc 2011 thanks all mabye a 1/4 tank has run thought the engine with no problems..:helmet:

Depending on what brand of oil you are using, yes 18:1 for the first few tanks (abt 300 miles) then onto 25:1 (5.12 oz). The better the oil the less you need. I'm using Amsoil and run 32:1 Some run 50:1 even 100:1 depending on brand. Mine does just fine, and fuel/oil cost is not a factor with me...it's a toy. Heck I have a 25' boat that gets 2 miles to the gallon.

Cool

Ive been looking for amsol ,lol I work at home depot and the best we have is an Echo oil lol I thought it was better than home lite brand thank you again I might have to order amsol online Id rather spend money on top shelf oil than replace and engine

Amsoil isn't top shelf oil. Maxima 927 which contains a quality synthetic oil blended with a superior Castor Oil is about the best oil you can get.

Even a couple Amsoil diehards on this forum blend their Amsoil with castor...that's ok to do too.

Amsoil is definitely top shelf oil. What does that mean anyway? There is no BEST oil for these crude engines. I recommend Amsoil Dominator. But just like many race oils, it's not for storage as it doesn't contain any rust inhibitors. Aha - see it's always a trade off. Always!

You really don't need castor oil for these engines, but I do blend some in for the smell.....and perhaps some protection.

Some guy at the other place runs nothing but really old SAE 30.

Back