Oil ratio

Daniel1801

Local time
4:49 AM
IMG_4583.JPG I used a 23:1 ratio apx with this oil is that ok if not how to I fix it by putting how much more gasoline in?

I poured 11 ounces of this in a 2 gallon holding tank.

Attachments

• IMG_4561.PNG
    IMG_4561.PNG
    465.3 KB · Views: 119
Your ratio is more oily than the 25 used for break in, don't add more it will bring the ratio down more. You are actually at 24:1 with 11 ounces to 2 gallons.

I. Would leave it unless you were aiming for 32:1. If so split the gas up into equal 1 gallon volumes, and add .375 gallons (or 6 regular US cups) of gas to each container, easily done at a gas station, fill the first container until the gallon counter reads .375, stop and fill the other container until it reads a total of .75 gallons.

Edit: sorry you do have 23:1, but in either case 11 ounces divied across two 1 gallon containers is 5.5 ounces to a gallon, or 128 ounces, you'll need 176 ounces of gas to make a 32:1 ratio with 5.5 ounces of oil, that's a difference of 48 ounces of gas, work it out however you see fit.

Your ratio is more oily than the 25 used for break in, don't add more it will bring the ratio down more. You are actually at 24:1 with 11 ounces to 2 gallons.

I. Would leave it unless you were aiming for 32:1. If so split the gas up into equal 1 gallon volumes, and add .375 gallons (or 6 regular US cups) of gas to each container, easily done at a gas station, fill the first container until the gallon counter reads .375, stop and fill the other container until it reads a total of .75 gallons.

Edit: sorry you do have 23:1, but in either case 11 ounces divied across two 1 gallon containers is 5.5 ounces to a gallon, or 128 ounces, you'll need 176 ounces of gas to make a 32:1 ratio with 5.5 ounces of oil, that's a difference of 48 ounces of gas, work it out however you see fit.
I forgot but I have around 10-11 ounces in the 2 gallon so that would be around 25:1 so would I be able to fill my bike up half way and pour the gas oil mixed one. I have the in tank frame I holds like half a gallon.

Is it ok to run red armor 20-25:1 ??

What other oils do you guys recommend and what ratio for them.

Still new this

24 or 25:1 gas to air cooled 2-stroke oil is the "conventional" break in ratio on the forum. It's the closest thing to an agreed upon ideal ratio for break in. Should be perfectly fine.
I have no idea what Red Armour is. I have Ipone Samurai because that's what I can get here. Does it matter? Not really AFAIK, as long as it's for air cooled 2-stroke engines. No worries. :)

So I have 1 two gallon tan
24 or 25:1 gas to air cooled 2-stroke oil is the "conventional" break in ratio on the forum. It's the closest thing to an agreed upon ideal ratio for break in. Should be perfectly fine.
I have no idea what Red Armour is. I have Ipone Samurai because that's what I can get here. Does it matter? Not really AFAIK, as long as it's for air cooled 2-stroke engines. No worries. :)
so what's the best agreed ratio 32:1?

View attachment 79067 I used a 23:1 ratio apx with this oil is that ok if not how to I fix it by putting how much more gasoline in?

I poured 11 ounces of this in a 2 gallon holding tank.

I was using manufacturer recomendation 20:1 then from time to time I notice 1 tank ran much faster and better then I would reload the tank speed and power came back down so .... I thought maybe ... I screwed up on zee mix so I got another gallon went to 16:1 or full 8 oz to 1 gal the bike once again ran faster had more power and performance.

But, a new performance exhaust has arrive still running last tank out out of 16:1 the next gallon I already mix 20:1 to see if it cures sputtering at high speeds, will know tomorrow taking 100 mile + trip.

32 if you are past break in, you can add gas after splitting it up as I prescribed and you'll get a good ratio.
I figure fill half gallon
And another half gallon from the 25:1 mix

0:1 half gallon plus 25:1 gal gallon= 50:1

After a gallon with 50:1 I add .7 oz of oil again to make a ratio of 32:1

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll need to add 1.4 ounces

1 gallon of 50:1 mix contains 2.6 ounces of oil

1 gallon of 32:1 mix should contain 4 ounces of oil.

To help you think it out, you put 11 ounces in 2 gallons, you plan to divie them up 4 ways with a half gallon each time. You want to take a half gallon, one quarter of what you have.

11oz÷4 is 2.75 ounces, that plus 1.4 is 4.15 ounces of oil in the plastic container, and the rest of it is gasoline.

30.8:1 a little oily but good enough.

Back