Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanaka pf4000

I've had many 2 strokes and always used a good synthetic at around 50:1 with no problems

My latest tanaka pf4000 specs 50:1

Tanaka makes the cleanest 2strokes & they last. Sadly they no longer make the pf4000.
Glad I have 2.

I'm wondering if I put in new rings am going to half change my fuel mixture? Rings going to be new only thing touching the cylinder wall.

100:1 AMSOIL for break in, city driving, a few wot runs, daily commute never a problem with lubrication why change anything?

Attachments

• 20180815_074012.jpg
    20180815_074012.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 343
100:1 AMSOIL for break in, city driving, a few wot runs, daily commute never a problem with lubrication why change anything?

I have been on a wild kick lately.

Decided to run "Reefer Madness" fuel scent on top of my 16:1 generic 2cycle, 1/10oz lead substitute mix. Turns out whatever alcohols in the additive started chipping away my piston needle bearings, so i installed alcohol quality racing bearings.

Change is good Now I dont have to worry about the ethanols doing anything to that.

Why not just run non ethanol gas, @ 6:1 compression ratio you don't need any antiknock fuel additive, and non-E10 is at worst about 92 octane.

Why not just run non ethanol gas, @ 6:1 compression ratio you don't need any antiknock fuel additive, and non-E10 is at worst about 92 octane.
It's not as easily found in certain places and it's not convenient and people dislike change when they think they can fix their problems by tightening different bolts.

Around here I have to drive to a semi congested area of town (next to the airport) that's not even on the way from any place I work, therefor I never bought aircraft grade fuel for my motorized bike even though I could have done it any day of the week on a whim, just because, in the last few years.

At most I'd do it for a weedwhacker or a chainsaw gas can, just because the ethanol free fuel doesn't absorb water nearly as easily though, this makes storing it in a shed or garage a bit more stable if you just don't use the fuel as often.

Then again water is pretty good at preventing knock, it desensitizes gasoline quite nicely.

yeah, remember when water injection was popular when I ran at the drags - that 1600:1 expansion rate when it flashes to steam is impressive

yeah, remember when water injection was popular when I ran at the drags - that 1600:1 expansion rate when it flashes to steam is impressive
And only takes 3 men and a few tons of coal to get it started, thank goodness they updated to nitromethane so only one operator got killed in the explosion.

It's not as easily found in certain places and it's not convenient and people dislike change when they think they can fix their problems by tightening different bolts.

Around here I have to drive to a semi congested area of town (next to the airport) that's not even on the way from any place I work, therefor I never bought aircraft grade fuel for my motorized bike even though I could have done it any day of the week on a whim, just because, in the last few years.

At most I'd do it for a weedwhacker or a chainsaw gas can, just because the ethanol free fuel doesn't absorb water nearly as easily though, this makes storing it in a shed or garage a bit more stable if you just don't use the fuel as often.

I live in what would be considered the backwaters of Oregon, and we have 4 different stores that you can buy non-E gas at.

I'm not talking about the 100-LL aviation gas at an airport, this is the true 92 RON octane non ethanol. I run my motorcycle and all of my little engines on the stuff, and it being a little more than a dollar a gallon pricier than regular E-10, I don't see it as a problem when I'm getting about 100 MPG on the moto and about 160 mpg with the friction drive 30 cc. The bikes and mower and saw all run great on this gas.

I live in what would be considered the backwaters of Oregon, and we have 4 different stores that you can buy non-E gas at.

I'm not talking about the 100-LL aviation gas at an airport, this is the true 92 RON octane non ethanol. I run my motorcycle and all of my little engines on the stuff, and it being a little more than a dollar a gallon pricier than regular E-10, I don't see it as a problem when I'm getting about 100 MPG on the moto and about 160 mpg with the friction drive 30 cc. The bikes and mower and saw all run great on this gas.
It's not literal aviation fuel but they jingo the market like that, they do carry the 110 however and they get a lot of business from what I've seen, very likely because it's the only and really the only station within the area. So plenty of people (with cars that probably have been modified to benefit from this fuel, or just picky owners) go there for their needs.

Probably every last gas motor with any engineering behind it has been designed and tested with non-ethanol fuel, obviously not flex fuel machines but those have been designed differently than the straight gas machines. So yes, they all will work better on the real stuff, they don't have much choice. I think a chainsaw would probably get the best out of it, if it's hot enough and you are going at it the good stuff really keeps the temps down and keeps that knock away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back