Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varies with engine brand; my 2 engines run 50 to 1, but they were costly & run very clean.

Hey everyone! I'm still new to the motor bike world but I have completed my first build! I love riding my motor bike. The only question I have now is after the first 2 tanks of gas what's the oil:gas ratio? The first 2 tanks I mixed 16:1. Now that the motor is broken in what oil:gas ratio should I be using? I'm wondering if there are better ratios that make the motor faster or more quiet? I don't need speed because you can only go 30mph on a motor bike here in Wisconsin. Any ratios I can use to make the motor running smoother and more quiet? Anyway, can anyone give me some insight on which ratios work better after the first 2 tanks of 16:1????? Thanks!

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN
40 to 1 is what I use couldn't get 32 to 1 to run good either

Hey everyone! I'm still new to the motor bike world but I have completed my first build! I love riding my motor bike. The only question I have now is after the first 2 tanks of gas what's the oil:gas ratio? The first 2 tanks I mixed 16:1. Now that the motor is broken in what oil:gas ratio should I be using? I'm wondering if there are better ratios that make the motor faster or more quiet? I don't need speed because you can only go 30mph on a motor bike here in Wisconsin. Any ratios I can use to make the motor running smoother and more quiet? Anyway, can anyone give me some insight on which ratios work better after the first 2 tanks of 16:1????? Thanks!

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN
40 to 1 I tried 32 to 1 and couldn't get to run right even there so I recommend 40 to 1

What does your spark plug say about how the engine is running? After changing the mix and running the engine full out for several minutes, what does the plug look like? Consult the plug chart in the Resources section of this forum and share the results. Thanks ;-)

It's not really broken in until you get 800 to 1000 miles on it then speed, power and performance improves.
But I found after putting on another 1800 miles I half to buy another motor and it looks like tomorrow ill be ordering another one depending on a boneyard motor test today or tomorrow morning.

You can do 4 oz to 1 gallon without killing your engine that's 32/1.

It's not really broken in until you get 800 to 1000 miles on it then speed, power and performance improves.
But I found after putting on another 1800 miles I half to buy another motor and it looks like tomorrow ill be ordering another one depending on a boneyard motor test today or tomorrow morning.
Only 1800 miles ???...I had 6000 miles on my cheap Seeutec motor before the old bike frame broke...i still got it sitting on a shelf if i should ever need it again...got my Zeda 80 now for over a year now and i intend to get at least 6000 miles on it if not more...lol...DAMIEN

I go with 25ml per litre for everything running-in or otherwise, never had an issue.

I've never had my 48cc run poorly on the 40:1 I use for my chainsaws, but just for the slight edge of extra oil. 35:1 is makes me feel better since these engine do tend to flake off their hard chroming bores.

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN
It's say 16:1 but it burning to much oil I used on it super and 25: till broke in. Then half half. Not sure what's best tho.

I've never had my 48cc run poorly on the 40:1 I use for my chainsaws, but just for the slight edge of extra oil. 35:1 is makes me feel better since these engine do tend to flake off their hard chroming bores.
Ok so on a 2 oz and a gallon how much of the mix u use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back