Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so on a 2 oz and a gallon how much of the mix u use?
Plainly put, i always use a 32:1 ratio...That is 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas...Always measure it in a gallon gas can...never in the tank...The tanks are 2 liters, not a half gallon like some folks say so the measuring will never be correct using the gas tank to mix...plus the fact you cant shake the tank to mix the gas and oil together thoroughly like you can with the gas jug...DAMIEN

Plainly put, i always use a 32:1 ratio...That is 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas...Always measure it in a gallon gas can...never in the tank...The tanks are 2 liters, not a half gallon like some folks say so the measuring will never be correct using the gas tank to mix...plus the fact you cant shake the tank to mix the gas and oil together thoroughly like you can with the gas jug...DAMIEN
This is what I do too, it works, I have two engines that are over 10 years old running on the 32/1 mix.

I've been running 32:1 after break in and I think that's about as little you would want to go unless racing. My engine does run way better, but does get a little hotter. That's easily fixed just by killing the engine and coasting down a hill. Also running 10-38 gearing on a stock pk80.

Ok obviously I haven't done enough searching for the answers I was looking for lol! Either way I used 16:1 for the first 2 tanks and the 3rd tank I tried 20:1 and it seemed to run better. I'm on the 4th tank so I think I'm going to try 25:1. So far for being a noobie I guess I just have to try things for myself and see what happens!
You'll get TONS of great advice here. But you still have to try things for yourself. Like many things in life, this site is a blessing and a curse. The downside is that all this knowledge from these guys is too tempting and too easy not to lean on. You have to post frequently enough that you learn who really knows what they are talking about. Luckily for me the really smart guys haven't gotten sick of answering my questions. Yet. 😝 Remember though, people are biased. They may sometimes prejudice their answers somewhat negatively because they don't agree with your choices. It's not malice though, just bias. I REALLY don't want to become an expert on every aspect of these things, I just want to ride it. But the unavoidable truth is that the more of an expert you are the more you will be able to ride.

You'll get TONS of great advice here. But you still have to try things for yourself. Like many things in life, this site is a blessing and a curse. The downside is that all this knowledge from these guys is too tempting and too easy not to lean on. You have to post frequently enough that you learn who really knows what they are talking about. Luckily for me the really smart guys haven't gotten sick of answering my questions. Yet. 😝 Remember though, people are biased. They may sometimes prejudice their answers somewhat negatively because they don't agree with your choices. It's not malice though, just bias. I REALLY don't want to become an expert on every aspect of these things, I just want to ride it. But the unavoidable truth is that the more of an expert you are the more you will be able to ride.
Well put

Yes, I'm a synthetic nut also............I'm going very thick at 25:1 Amsoil, but I add a splash of Maxima Castor 927 witn mix.
I've always been told not to mix different brands together.however i have done it without any noticeable problem. But i try to run only amsoil 50:1

I've always been told not to mix different brands together.however i have done it without any noticeable problem. But i try to run only amsoil 50:1
You really shouldn't go any less in oil than a 40:1, and preferably a 32:1 ratio...You risk proper lubrication of the motors moving parts and premature failure...DAMIEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back