Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright read this and thought about giving a marine grade oil a try. I'll let you know. If nothing else hopefully the exhaust wont be as pungent.

nooooooo!

while ive never tried it, ive been led to believe that if marine oil is used in a hot running aircooled chromeplated-cylinder 2stroke, it will die!

iron bores are ok apparently.

something to do with the cylinder wall temperatures and specific additives in the oil. silicon i believe. i cant state it as a 100% fact though.

where as cast iron contains graphite and is sort of self lubricating. that i can say is 100% correct :)

HT's and most 2bangers these days are chrome plated alloy.

meh! try it and let us know! ;)

Alright I went home for lunch and drove the MB back. With the synthetic in it I could tell a real difference. Allot more tork for going uphill. I'll run the rest of the tank out and see if I notice any problems.

Been for a couple rides now and I think the oil is doing fine. Will keep posting. Right now about 10 miles with the synthetic Pennzoil.

i am getting ready to try 3.5 oz. per gallon. i am using amsoil so the quality is there that way less is needed. the ratio comes out to be about 36:1 which if I was using a cheaper 2-stroke oil it would probably be equal to at least 30:1 but I read that you should have a ratio of no less than 25:1. My first build I used 2 oz. of amsoil per gallon and went over 2,500 miles. I have since learned better and will maintain no less than 3.5 oz. of amsoil per gallon until deemed otherwise.

"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."

I'm running a 28:1 with the synthetic outboard penzoil and I haven't had an issue. When I empty the tank I'm gonna take the head off and make sure it all looks good in the cylinder.

Yes, I'm a synthetic nut also............I'm going very thick at 25:1 Amsoil, but I add a splash of Maxima Castor 927 witn mix.

I've got around 3000 miles on my HT. I broke it in with the Wal-Mart house brand (think it's called Tech 1) I use a 1 gallon gas can. 1 bottle to 1 gal. is 16:1 After 1 can i started mixing 1/2 bottle to 1 gal.= 32:1 Works great, very little to no smoke, engine runs cool with good power, and it's dirt cheap. I know there are very good (and very expensive) oils out there, but is that expense justified on a cheapo China girl? I'll stick with my choice and see how it ends long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back