Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, could you use 16:1 all the time? Would this make it more reliable, or make the engine last longer? Would it make it slower, or is it just expensive?
It is generally not advisable to run a rich oil to fuel mixture and can decrease performance by foiling up the plug reducing firing potential. If your spark plug is a nice chocolate brown color that means you have a good mix if it is darker, too rich, lighter, too lean.

It is generally not advisable to run a rich oil to fuel mixture and can decrease performance by foiling up the plug reducing firing potential. If your spark plug is a nice chocolate brown color that means you have a good mix if it is darker, too rich, lighter, too lean.
that spark plug deal is for air/fuel ratio, not oil/fuel ratio

This is a subject that everyone seems to have a different answer to, I run 32/1 in all my 2-stroke engines, bikes, chain saws, weed Wacker and blower. I have been running a chain saw every year since 1983 cutting fire wood with no oil related failures, that's a pretty good indicator that the ratio is lubing the engine. I wouldn't expect a ht engine to last that long but feel safe that it is not going to fail because of lack of lubrication.

I've got around 3000 miles on my HT. I broke it in with the Wal-Mart house brand (think it's called Tech 1) I use a 1 gallon gas can. 1 bottle to 1 gal. is 16:1 After 1 can i started mixing 1/2 bottle to 1 gal.= 32:1 Works great, very little to no smoke, engine runs cool with good power, and it's dirt cheap. I know there are very good (and very expensive) oils out there, but is that expense justified on a cheapo China girl? I'll stick with my choice and see how it ends long-term.

Still using supet tech ? Got several bottles in my rv good enough for brake in BTW I think it's bad to break in with synthetic period doesn't allow the rings to properly seat in the automotive industry as well it is micropourus conventional til 1.5k or 300k in older model cars that could benefit from conventional and a new pan seal.

I have been using general purpose 2 cycle oil, whatever's available.

I eyeball a half of the 3$ bottle to a gallon. I break in a full 3$ bottle to a gallon.

I did start adding LEAD SUBSTITUTE and it's incredible, 0.5 oz to a gallon.

Has a smoother operation and crisper compression, super slick.
You know what works the best for an anti knock additive? Moth balls. But you have to be careful about that, there are two different kinds of mothballs, only NAPTHALENE moth balls will work. The other chemical sold as mothballs is paradichlorobenzine, which is actually urinal cake. If you have a penis, and have ever used a public rest room, than you know what that stuff smells like. Read the label, or smell them, be careful, the brand in the blue box sells both kinds in identical boxes, except for the fine print. This will probably get me all kinds of negative responses, it's one of those funny subjects. But I got my degree in Auto Tech, and I have put this to the test dozens of times, at least back in the old days, when gas was still gas, and ALWAYS saw a 50% improvement in fuel economy over straight pump gas. I don't think it works as well with todays gas which is watered down with ethanol, though. My generator that ran 4 to 4-1/2 hours on regular pump gas ran 10 to 12 hours with some mothballs added. Really, I'm not making that up. So did everyone else's. Mothballs evaporate in air at room temp, and dissolve in gasoline, so they won't clog or cause any damage to anything in your engine. The only drawback I ever noticed is that engines that run at one speed all the time, like my genny, would carbon foul more, since the tradeoff for the improvement is the engine runs cooler. And it made my old school air cooled motorcycle an even more cold blooded b**ch than it already was to warm up in the morning. But it didn't get as hot at red lights.

hey man, I would try to go off what the manufacture recommends. You can also ask the place you bought it from.
As far as calculating the oil to gas mix there is 128oz in a gallon so I've always done this,

128/16= 8oz of oil (16:1)
128/24= 5-1/3oz of oil (24:1)
128/32= 4oz of oil (32:1)
128/40= 3.2oz of oil (40:1)
128/50= 2.56oz of oil (50:1)

Hey everyone! I'm still new to the motor bike world but I have completed my first build! I love riding my motor bike. The only question I have now is after the first 2 tanks of gas what's the oil:gas ratio? The first 2 tanks I mixed 16:1. Now that the motor is broken in what oil:gas ratio should I be using? I'm wondering if there are better ratios that make the motor faster or more quiet? I don't need speed because you can only go 30mph on a motor bike here in Wisconsin. Any ratios I can use to make the motor running smoother and more quiet? Anyway, can anyone give me some insight on which ratios work better after the first 2 tanks of 16:1????? Thanks!

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN
Hi wicked wheels I built 3 two stroke engined bikes and after the first tank of 16:1 switch to 32:1 full synthetic and they still run fine just nurse them on the first tank of 32:1 then you can let it rip just be sure you use full synthetic.

That 2 tank or 3 or 4 tank break-in is a bunch of BS have had a few bikes speed and performance does not improve until your approach or after 800 miles before that one worries I can only get up to 21MPH I need to buy this new exhaust this new head this new puffer bottle this new carb desperate for improvement once your around 800 miles speed improves from 21MPH to 27 to 30+ MPH then the motor is broken in!

That 2 tank or 3 or 4 tank break-in is a bunch of BS have had a few bikes speed and performance does not improve until your approach or after 800 miles before that one worries I can only get up to 21MPH I need to buy this new exhaust this new head this new puffer bottle this new carb desperate for improvement once your around 800 miles speed improves from 21MPH to 27 to 30+ MPH then the motor is broken in!

I've got over 1200 miles on my bottom end.

Hell have no furry over thi toolary,

Top end replaced at 729 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back