Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm still new to the motor bike world but I have completed my first build! I love riding my motor bike. The only question I have now is after the first 2 tanks of gas what's the oil:gas ratio? The first 2 tanks I mixed 16:1. Now that the motor is broken in what oil:gas ratio should I be using? I'm wondering if there are better ratios that make the motor faster or more quiet? I don't need speed because you can only go 30mph on a motor bike here in Wisconsin. Any ratios I can use to make the motor running smoother and more quiet? Anyway, can anyone give me some insight on which ratios work better after the first 2 tanks of 16:1????? Thanks!

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN
Great to hear you have her broke in. You will hear so many differant rartios people will throw out there. I owned a racing Kart shop
for many years. I was one of the top Yamaha kart dealer in the US. You must under stand Kart engines take the hardest punishment
of maybe any two stroke engines. We have enhines that run as high as 18000 RPM. We break our engines in as you did at 16 to one at
a slow pace for about two hours also. Now our 18000 rpm engines we run a 16 to one always. The Yamaha engines can be run a 13000
to 14000 RPMs. They run on 20 to one. It is about how many rpms you will be runing. With the little bike engines 40 to one is fine. I here
these guys that run theres at 50 to one & as high as 100 to one??? Oil is a good thing so why run it that lean on oil! It has been proven
many times a two stroke makes more power heavy oil mixures than less to a point. Why better ring seal plane & simple. 40 to 1 is a good
mix even 32 to 1 would be fine.

You'll be good running 40:1 from break in to the end. That's what Eugene from Hughes Motorized recommends. He's built lots of bikes and knows a hell of a lot about them. 40:1 works great for me. You don't need to run 32:1 for break in as the stock jet is a #70 for nt carb and #78 for hp carb. Those jets are gonna make your engine run rich which means more lubrication. By the time most people figure out they should put in a leaner jet, they've already broken in their engine. More oil in the fuel mixture than you need equals more money spent, robbing a very slight amount of power, and a messier exhaust. The only benefit I could see is if you got a fully modded race engine that gets really hot really fast and then maybe more oil is recommended for cooling.

Last edited:
Anyone use this stuff?? Will it be ok??

Attachments

• 20200908_141141.jpg
    20200908_141141.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 196
This stuff rocks!! Premixed found at Walmart.
YEP...comes from Wally World...Do you guys rmember when going to grade school and Jr. High that once a week at lunch, we were fed something that no one quite new what it was so we all just called it "Mystery Meat Day"???...lol.

Thats what that Wally World pre-mix in a can reminds me of...Hell, even printed on the can, they cant decide if its 40 to 1 or 50 to 1.

For the price of that stuff and not knowing really what it is, i will just keep going to the ethanol free pump at my gas station and mix my own...At least i will then know what i have got...DAMIEN

YEP...comes from Wally World...Do you guys rmember when going to grade school and Jr. High that once a week at lunch, we were fed something that no one quite new what it was so we all just called it "Mystery Meat Day"???...lol.

Thats what that Wally World pre-mix in a can reminds me of...Hell, even printed on the can, they cant decide if its 40 to 1 or 50 to 1.

For the price of that stuff and not knowing really what it is, i will just keep going to the ethanol free pump at my gas station and mix my own...At least i will then know what i have got...DAMIEN
There was a thread awhile back all about taking the ethanol out of the gas, That's pretty cool.

Screenshot_20201021-122017.png

This is Lucas semi synthetic and these are the best vies Lucas does not ride good at 32:1
s**t that's what I was running for 6 months then just the other day ran out of gas, so I stop at a gas station only 2 stroke had was Supper Tech 3 oz for 2 bucks. So I tried to fill it why I poured the oil it started pissing out the carb. Turn off the cock stop went running it to soak up the gas then turn it back on.

The bike really ran good its top end speed was slow this here pick up 5 to 8 miles faster flew right up step hills as if they were flat. But then I top off the tank with Lucas and performance drop off too.

So I went looking for the Super Tech in larger quantities found it at Walmart. Six ounces for $1.50 just right cuz I'm gonna run it at 6 oz to 1 gallon I think that's 20:1 or 25:1

So now I'm anxious to run out my Lucas hooka
Screenshot_20201021-122017.png
s pookas quality dream oil and put in the super-tech see if it will do that again!

So I went looking for the Super Tech in larger quantities found it at Walmart. Six ounces for $1.50 just right cuz I'm gonna run it at 6 oz to 1 gallon I think that's 20:1 or 25:1
If the motor is already broken in, you can go with 32:1 ratio, (4 ounces per one gallon) with Wally Worlds Supertech...I used it years ago with another build i had for 5 yrs, 6000 miles before my bike frame broke and i changed bike and motor to a Zeda 80 motor this May...Now im running 32:1 with Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle full synthetic and achieve 50 MPH, (32 to 37 MPH uphill), on stock engine, stock NT carbie, using 86 octane ethanol free gas...DAMIEN

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back