OIl

...was grilling once at a rental house. Up on top of a hill. Wrought Iron fencing. I'm up there grilling away and I hear sirens in the distance... they are getting closer... and closer... and sure enough, I see them turn from the main road on to our road down bottom of the hill... they come about 3/4 up the hill... stop... get out... and yell up to me... "are you just Barbequeing?"...

"Yup..."

"Alright... thanks...." and away they go...

:D
Didn't even offer them a beer and burger for their troubles?

It's because you tuned it to run on that thick mix. A good mix too. Most I run is 24:1, for me power gains after that at pretty minimal. Well unless I add more rocket fuel. Still though I seen no real difference in a normal CG ( IDK about a Phantom though) in wear with any more oil vs 24:1. I like some smoke though. Means liquid oil is woorshin everything away. lol. Especially at break in, tune it real rich.
Yep, 20:1 is actually recommended ratio with the P-85s not only for breakin purposes but also if your gonna run it in hi heat conditions like in the desert like I do...P-85s love their oil and I get no smoke or dripping from it at all...It has plenty of low end torque where I do not even have to peddle from stop if I don't want to and I now know for certain it will do at least 50 MPH quite rapidly with more throttle left over...lol.

I still like cruising at my usual 30 to 35 MPH though...lol.

P85s are saw jug based aren't they? Most saw jugs are Nickesil cylinder and are run 50:1 or 40:1. Big saws run up to 10,00 rpm and smalled saws up to 13,000. JS.
Yep, 20:1 is actually recommended ratio with the P-85s not only for breakin purposes but also if your gonna run it in hi heat conditions like in the desert like I do...P-85s love their oil and I get no smoke or dripping from it at all...It has plenty of low end torque where I do not even have to peddle from stop if I don't want to and I now know for certain it will do at least 50 MPH quite rapidly with more throttle left over...lol.

I still like cruising at my usual 30 to 35 MPH though...lol.

Has anyone ever ran 100 to 1 semi synthetic successful
Oil is the lifeblood of 2 cycle motors...It has always amazed me that people are still trying to minimise the amount of oil protection on these bikes.

Would you take a car with a five quart system and just run it with only one quart of oil???...I don't think so...lol.

So maybe no good for 40:1.
I won't even run my usual 32:1 with this...It runs great the way I have it right now...lol...Why would I even want to mess with it when it runs so good just the way it is with 20:1 as well as running it a little richer than I ran all my other motors, the little bit of 4 stroking I get either when i'm not under load or just going downhill doesn't hurt a thing, it runs fairly cool for a P-85, and the throttle response is immediate and hits hard through all throttle ranges and I have hit 50 MPH with it with throttle left over...lol...I still just cruise at 30 to 35 MPH at quarter throttle...lol.

What more could I possibly ask of it or want it to do???...lol.

It runs fine at 32:1. I ran mine at that ratio the last couple of tanks. I just wouldn't thin the oil out until the weather cooled down since these Phantoms also run on the warm side anyway. Even at 25:1 my plug and piston top never look carbon fouled, although I do run a synthetic that burns very clean.

Oil is the lifeblood of 2 cycle motors...It has always amazed me that people are still trying to minimise the amount of oil protection on these bikes.

Would you take a car with a five quart system and just run it with only one quart of oil???...I don't think so...lol.
Apples and oranges it cost like 5 grand to replace a car engine and like 100 bucks for these bikes engines

Back