OIl

Man I tell you what, when I was waiting for my four wheeler (2 stroke) cylinder to come back from boring I put a generous amount of 2 stroke oil in the bottom end to keep it lubed and protected from moisture. The amount of smoke coming out of that thing one the first startup was obscene. Instead of wisps of smoke it was blowing thick clouds. If someone witnessed it they would probably call the fire department. Although the downside is that it will clear up eventually, so keep adding in oil to the bottom end for the best results.

I think the only way I could get my Phantom to smoke that much would be like a 10:1 mix ratio
Mine has zero smoke at 20:1...lol.

Ps...the warranty replacement motor they gave me a few months ago is still running perfectly with zero problems...so far...lol.

...was grilling once at a rental house. Up on top of a hill. Wrought Iron fencing. I'm up there grilling away and I hear sirens in the distance... they are getting closer... and closer... and sure enough, I see them turn from the main road on to our road down bottom of the hill... they come about 3/4 up the hill... stop... get out... and yell up to me... "are you just Barbequeing?"...

"Yup..."

"Alright... thanks...." and away they go...

:D

...was grilling once at a rental house. Up on top of a hill. Wrought Iron fencing. I'm up there grilling away and I hear sirens in the distance... they are getting closer... and closer... and sure enough, I see them turn from the main road on to our road down bottom of the hill... they come about 3/4 up the hill... stop... get out... and yell up to me... "are you just Barbequeing?"...

"Yup..."

"Alright... thanks...." and away they go...

:D
The area I live in frowns upon burn barrels but for the longest time they really never gave two s**ts unless somebody called it in. I had one I utilized for disposing of various types of lawn waste once or twice a year. Mind you it sat on a 20ft x 15ft concrete pad on top of a platform of cinder blocks nowhere near anything flammable other than my grass - which I had a hose handy for because you never know.

One neighbor in particular being "that" neighbor hated when I used said burn barrel so she eventually called the authorities. She told them quite a few tall tales about how I am always burning stuff with it and I was dangerous and reckless yadda yadda. It was obvious she was full of crap but technically my barrel wasn't "legal" so I got a warning for it.

No biggie! I always wanted a built in brick BBQ Pit/Outdoor Chimney kind of deal so I designed myself something and bought some fire bricks and went to work. It had my burn barrel at the bottom as a "catch can" with a grate above it I could put wood or coals on and then cooking grate above that. All built to code.

She calls again. They arrive and find nothing wrong. She proceeded to call again a few more times because I started using it to actually cook with (why not it was kinda cool) and she eventually got cited for filing false reports and being a nuisance caller.

Mine has zero smoke at 20:1...lol.

Ps...the warranty replacement motor they gave me a few months ago is still running perfectly with zero problems...so far...lol.
It's because you tuned it to run on that thick mix. A good mix too. Most I run is 24:1, for me power gains after that at pretty minimal. Well unless I add more rocket fuel. Still though I seen no real difference in a normal CG ( IDK about a Phantom though) in wear with any more oil vs 24:1. I like some smoke though. Means liquid oil is woorshin everything away. lol. Especially at break in, tune it real rich.

The area I live in frowns upon burn barrels but for the longest time they really never gave two s**ts unless somebody called it in. I had one I utilized for disposing of various types of lawn waste once or twice a year. Mind you it sat on a 20ft x 15ft concrete pad on top of a platform of cinder blocks nowhere near anything flammable other than my grass - which I had a hose handy for because you never know.

One neighbor in particular being "that" neighbor hated when I used said burn barrel so she eventually called the authorities. She told them quite a few tall tales about how I am always burning stuff with it and I was dangerous and reckless yadda yadda. It was obvious she was full of crap but technically my barrel wasn't "legal" so I got a warning for it.

No biggie! I always wanted a built in brick BBQ Pit/Outdoor Chimney kind of deal so I designed myself something and bought some fire bricks and went to work. It had my burn barrel at the bottom as a "catch can" with a grate above it I could put wood or coals on and then cooking grate above that. All built to code.

She calls again. They arrive and find nothing wrong. She proceeded to call again a few more times because I started using it to actually cook with (why not it was kinda cool) and she eventually got cited for filing false reports and being a nuisance caller.
I'm in the hood, they burn houses down to keep lawn waste down. lol. No one cares in my neighborhood. We all have fire pits too. One guys burns his trash once a month at 10pm like a clock. No one cares, I don't. I figured out when he was doing it and just don't open my windows that day. He puts up with my loud bikes and Reving all summer. I can give him a day a month after dark, to take care of his trash without fuss. lol

Back