Oilite Bushing Question....

w3af

Local time
3:39 PM
Was wundering if anyone could tell me their experience in soaking these after trouble with them, ,
Heat up then put in hot oil (maybe 100 deg. ) or put in w/out heating, ? Im tryin to shorten soak time.
Or is it better to just soak longer?
Thanks for any responses....

Soak 'em for a couple days and they should be good forever. I don't know of a way to shorten the soak time. 2 days might be overkill, but it's certainly enough.

Thanks, im having trouble getting this one off of the shaft, even with the puller. (the one i heated).to get them out of bell i first tried heating, dint work. So i put them in freezer and they came out, lm in Mt. And its getting cold, gonna leave bike out over night see if i can get it.
Have u ever hear someone heating shaft to get bushing off?

Heating the shaft will just make it tighter. What is this on ?..................Curt

If an hs-142 f has an oilight bushing it means its a straight shaft. The tapered shaft engine doesn't use an oilite bushing, the clutch bell is on a shaft with bearings.

I have 2 of these (i believe they are 4g transmissions) both are off 5/8 straight shaft 142f's .
Ive run this motor many , many hours/miles, would thay work with the tapered shaft motors?
Im thinking of purchasing one.

The 4g transmission made for the tapered shaft is a little different than the 4g for the straight shaft. If you got a 142f-1g (thats the tapered shaft model) you would also have to get the 4g meant for it. It would be a little cheaper (but requires a bearing press) to replace the straight shaft with a tapered one, but still requires a new 4g meant for the tapered shaft.

Back