Ok 2nd derailleur failure...

I hear you, man.

My 460 used to do that to my rear tire, when I ran friction drive.

Every square inch of the tire had chunks of rubber tread missing.

I ran several engines on friction drive. The 460 was the only one that did that.
Having read this thread i can now see why the cops are comming down on assist riders . You will soon see the law change and put a stop to 50 plus mph bicycles. Trouble is all will suffer the conciquences of the few. You will need licence tag insurance inspection turn signals horn etc and if you think the costs are high now well just wait.

Having read this thread i can now see why the cops are comming down on assist riders . You will soon see the law change and put a stop to 50 plus mph bicycles. Trouble is all will suffer the conciquences of the few. You will need licence tag insurance inspection turn signals horn etc and if you think the costs are high now well just wait.

Doomsday prophet

Doomsday prophet
Already happening in some states . Over 50cc or 20 mph has been illegal all along in most. As we have gotten faster over the years we have stimulated a reaction by law inforcement. We tend to cheet with regard to the laws and bend them in our quest for speed. I myself stamped 49 cc on a 66 in the hopes that i wouldnt get a ticket. People who have lost licence think they can ride legal then go 45 in a 25 and abruptly find out otherwise. Most times their bike is impounded they are fined and some do jail time . So an old guy like me will soon have to deal with mva over tags inspection etc. I can only hope i pass away before it gets too bad.

A motorized bicycle limited to traveling 20mph on busy roads is a hazard for rider and motorists.
Of course, going 45 in a 25 will get you in trouble, not matter what you ride.

I'm an old guy too.
I try to ride defensively and smart, keeping a safe distance from cars.
I like to get the jump on traffic at the lights.
When they're stopped, I merge from the side street and create a large distance.

Orrr, I'll let all the cars pass me, then make my way.
There are certain isolated bike paths and sidewalks on my way home that allow me to ride safely.
And of course, pedestrians and bicycles have my great respect.

If you don't act like a discourteous maniac, the local police will let you ride.

A motorized bicycle limited to traveling 20mph on busy roads is a hazard for rider and motorists.
Of course, going 45 in a 25 will get you in trouble, not matter what you ride.

I'm an old guy too.
I try to ride defensively and smart, keeping a safe distance from cars.
I like to get the jump on traffic at the lights.
When they're stopped, I merge from the side street and create a large distance.

Orrr, I'll let all the cars pass me, then make my way.
There are certain isolated bike paths and sidewalks on my way home that allow me to ride safely.
And of course, pedestrians and bicycles have my great respect.

If you don't act like a discourteous maniac, the local police will let you ride.
I agree 1000 0/0 with you however its worrisome that they will regulate me out of the picture in the near future with fees tickets and constant harasment. I ride with assist cause i cant pedal alone and cant afford a car not to zoom zoom zoom...ps. ive been riding for years and started out with a sears bikebug. T

I agree 1000 0/0 with you however its worrisome that they will regulate me out of the picture in the near future with fees tickets and constant harasment. I ride with assist cause i cant pedal alone and cant afford a car not to zoom zoom zoom...ps. ive been riding for years and started out with a sears bikebug. T
Well it sounds to me that you sir need a 49cc 4stroke that is single speed with the ability to pedal through all the gears.
Here in the south springs I personally have had thumbs up from 4 or more officers and 2 were at "50+ mph " speed?!? I guess it is because I tend to follow traffic instead of trying to lead it.

Um this is unfounded information. If respectfully riding cops leave me alone and even pace me to give me kudos.

Trying to be respectful... so if u want any advise ask away or to add pertinent experience cool. If u are just trying to troll gtfo of my thread.

BTW thanks 5-7 for laying down some knowledge.

Well it sounds to me that you sir need a 49cc 4stroke that is single speed with the ability to pedal through all the gears.
Here in the south springs I personally have had thumbs up from 4 or more officers and 2 were at "50+ mph " speed?!? I guess it is because I tend to follow traffic instead of trying to lead it.
Well i personaly have no intention of riding a bike designed for12-15mph at speeds over 50 mph .

Well i personaly have no intention of riding a bike designed for12-15mph at speeds over 50 mph .
No amount of upgrade will turn a bicycle into a motorcycle . The reason a motorcycle weighes more than a bicycle is not simply because it has a bigger more powerful engine. There is a reason why those guys call it death race. Whats next 60 -70-80 mph ? And still trying to call it an assist bicycle? The danger goes up as the speeds do. You cant possibly believe the law will not respond. And remember the most danger you face is not the bike but the cars and trucks around you.

Back