Ok Guys And Gals..... Heads Up !!!!

T

thatsdax

Ok... Heads up everyone.. I heard on the news today that oil has hit a record high at over 82usd per barrel. They are saying that a gallon of gas could hit 5usd by Christmas !!! No kidding !!! So.. Those of you that have Motor assisted bicycles had better take good care of them. Maintenance, Security, ect.... Take care of them so they will take care of you. What is fun for a lot of us may also be a life line for many in the near Future. As reliability and quality improves, just in time for this crazy world !! Enjoy the ride..

What is fun for a lot of us may also be a life line for many in the near Future. As reliability and quality improves, just in time for this crazy world !! Enjoy the ride..

I've been hollering "$5" in my weekly shoppers guide ad since '05...hate to see it happen to the lower middle classes, who it will hurt most.

Easing it up .10 cents a week will be a sneaky way of doing it, but a lurch of a dollar at one time will create anarchy almost.

As the song goes "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile..... " :LOL:

we can always pedal, eh?

bet we could make a ton of moolah running errands for the people who can't afford to tank up the old bomber any more. can't say they didn't have it coming.

pair this with the pending housing mess...i'd pay a coupla hundred/mo to live in a parked hummer if i had to ;)

5 bucks a gallon, I hate to think that I'll be working for the gas companies even more so than now.

Maybe all this will help revitalize the cities and stop the rush of people moving to the country and bring back mass transit and a flood of bicycle oriented benefits.

I guess my trips up north next year will be fewer and farther between since even right now we'll spend 70-90 bucks on gas just to go riding up north for a day.

Riding my motorbike is even cheaper now than riding the bus out here. It's going up another quarter to 50 cents in the upcoming month. That's almost 2 bucks a fair.
Right now 2 bucks I can go 100 miles on my bike...minus the price of two stroke oil.
...maybe I should look into motorcycle tanks...

Its been £4 a gallon for over a year here!

Thing is - my little renault 1100 would do 90+mph and return (at best) 52mpg per tank.

then you look at the car my friends had in the US when I visited - A Ford LTD '72 with the M-Cleveland 408cui engine - 8mpg if you are lucky and not much more on top speed...

the entire of the renault actually fits in the passenger area of the Ford!!

I know its not fun for people that gas prices keep going up, but maybe it will convince manufacturers to go the more european route...

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back