OK, Let's Get Crazy About 2 Stroke Racing Oils

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
I don't trust myself on a fast bike. They should scare me, but they don't. I think I'm better off with a bike that tops out around 80
You just haven't ridden a fast enough bike yet. Want to borrow my VFR1200? It's at about 140mph in 10 seconds in stock form with all of the limiters in place (first and second gear are restricted to about half throttle/100hp from the factory). My bike has them all disabled and an ECU tune for more power.

I am not afraid on a bike at 140. When your bike does that speed with almost no effort, you are lulled into a false sense of security.

The fear really starts to creep in when the stripes on the highway become solid lines, and you realize that if you screw up even a tiny bit, you are going to die.

You just haven't ridden a fast enough bike yet. Want to borrow my VFR1200? It's at about 140mph in 10 seconds in stock form with all of the limiters in place (first and second gear are restricted to about half throttle/100hp from the factory). My bike has them all disabled and an ECU tune for more power.

I am not afraid on a bike at 140. When your bike does that speed with almost no effort, you are lulled into a false sense of security.

The fear really starts to creep in when the stripes on the highway become solid lines, and you realize that if you screw up even a tiny bit, you are going to die.
I just saw that on a dashcam video, the biker went around a semi, between two cars, clipped another biker and a car before hitting the guard rail, dead. At least the other biker just crashed and didn't get seriously hurt.

Yeah, I just know I will give into the urges to take the bike that fast, even though there is no need to.

I just saw that on a dashcam video, the biker went around a semi, between two cars, clipped another biker and a car before hitting the guard rail, dead. At least the other biker just crashed and didn't get seriously hurt.
Yeah. I have seen a couple of videos like that. Group of riders in Brazil on 1000cc Super Sport bikes going 200mph-ish and one of them crashed. The impact with the guard rails ripped him in half. If that isn't enough to convince a person to go to a track for their speed thrills, then the statistics sure help. Motorcycle riders in the U.S. are 35 times more likely to have a fatal accident for every mile traveled than those in a car. For every 5mph over 60mph the chances of being killed increases 10%. Past 100mph and it gets almost exponential in nature. Past 150mph and you are basically playing the lottery... and you have better chances with the lottery.

Yeah, I just know I will give into the urges to take the bike that fast, even though there is no need to.
Trust me, I give into the urges too. I can't take that bike out without at least giving it one good strong full throttle pull at some point. I don't advise others to do what I do, and I have to exercise a lot of self control. Weirdly, I care more about fines and loss of my license than I do my mortality. You would be surprised that the speed thrill does eventually wear off. That is why those of us of the adrenaline junky variety keep chasing new thrills, or generally don't go through life as sensibly as others. I love going fast, and high speed on 2 wheels is the greatest sense of freedom and peace that I know. It's one of the very few things in my life that I truly value and have genuine passion for. If I wasn't born so tall and with such bad eyes I would have been a fighter pilot. That was always my dream.

@ImpulseRocket, you are over 6'5?

I always said, if I absolutely needed to join the military, I'd join the Air Force since I tolerate G's well and don't get disoriented.

I have always wanted a motorcycle, but in the US at least, people really don't pay attention or respect riders, everyone I know with a motorcycle wrecked out because of stupid people.I love speed, but I have some restraint, I've had a couple old vetts, a Challenger R/T and currently a MX5 I supercharged, I only have 2 speeding tickets, one for 15 over and one for "94" in a 50, but the cop gave me a break because I was doing 130MPH in my Fiero GT, he said I would be thrown in jail- always be nice to officers, it can save your ass!

I always said, if I absolutely needed to join the military, I'd join the Air Force since I tolerate G's well and don't get disoriented.

I have always wanted a motorcycle, but in the US at least, people really don't pay attention or respect riders, everyone I know with a motorcycle wrecked out because of stupid people.I love speed, but I have some restraint, I've had a couple old vetts, a Challenger R/T and currently a MX5 I supercharged, I only have 2 speeding tickets, one for 15 over and one for "94" in a 50, but the cop gave me a break because I was doing 130MPH in my Fiero GT, he said I would be thrown in jail- always be nice to officers, it can save your ass!
I am in the U.S. too. At the time my dreams were dashed I was just a hair under 6'6. After 20 years of working and weight lifting, disc degeneration, and one back surgery I am now 6'4, and I will only slowly get shorter as time moves on.

I've had my share of fast street cars, but I also used to do dumb things like drive my twin turbo methanol fueled NHRA ET Street bracket car on the road too. Compared to my Honda, it was faster, but also way way way more expensive to drive. My Bright orange bike is a lot less noticeable, and honestly more fun.

Trust me, I give into the urges too. I can't take that bike out without at least giving it one good strong full throttle pull at some point. I don't advise others to do what I do, and I have to exercise a lot of self control. Weirdly, I care more about fines and loss of my license than I do my mortality. You would be surprised that the speed thrill does eventually wear off. That is why those of us of the adrenaline junky variety keep chasing new thrills, or generally don't go through life as sensibly as others. I love going fast, and high speed on 2 wheels is the greatest sense of freedom and peace that I know. It's one of the very few things in my life that I truly value and have genuine passion for. If I wasn't born so tall and with such bad eyes I would have been a fighter pilot. That was always my dream.
I love the freedom of riding motorcycles. I too am way more concerned about fines than myself.

If I had to I would also join air force. From what I've heard it's way more relaxed

you are lulled into a false sense of security....you realize that if you screw up even a tiny bit, you are going to die.
Past 150mph and you are basically playing the lottery... and you have better chances with the lottery.
And some of you guys call my bike "The Death Star" on wheels...lol.

always be nice to officers, it can save your ass!
YEP...So now all you guys have to be super nice to me...lol...lol..."I'm the baby, gotta love me"...lol...lol.

I am in the U.S. too. At the time my dreams were dashed I was just a hair under 6'6. After 20 years of working and weight lifting, disc degeneration, and one back surgery I am now 6'4, and I will only slowly get shorter as time moves on.

Damn, that sucks and reminds me of the guy named Gerald Wiegert who started Vector automotive because he too didn't make the cut for the Air Force. He married aircraft tech with a sports car, wild looking cars but ruined it with a 3speed slushbox.

I wanted to be a robotics engineer, but grew up poor and barely paid my way through junior college, now I have a mortgage and a couple dependant family members, so I bust my knuckles, it could be worse.

Back