Ok so what's my next step??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
4:57 AM
So I'm slowly adding upgraded/aftermarket parts to my Grubee Skyhawk to provide a smoother ride and a bit more performance. What I have so far is a new spark plug, carb, chain tensioner, sprocket adaptor, muffler, fuel filter/line & my head is being ordered today or tomorrow, dual break lever, thumb throttle...... so what's my next step fella's? I was thinking a ported cylinder but I don't know much but what I gain from this forum so any advice will be appreciated.

So I'm slowly adding upgraded/aftermarket parts to my Grubee Skyhawk to provide a smoother ride and a bit more performance. What I have so far is a new spark plug, carb, chain tensioner, sprocket adaptor, muffler, fuel filter/line & my head is being ordered today or tomorrow, dual break lever, thumb throttle...... so what's my next step fella's? I was thinking a ported cylinder but I don't know much but what I gain from this forum so any advice will be appreciated.
Thumb throttle.... I wouldn't.. Think last time I used one was when I was 14 or 15.. I fell off that atv pretty hard and I blame the thumb throttle for it.

Not really but I still think they suck but to each their own.

Don't worry about porting right now wait until you burn your first cylinder before getting into that.

Thumb throttle.... I wouldn't.. Think last time I used one was when I was 14 or 15.. I fell off that atv pretty hard and I blame the thumb throttle for it.

Not really but I still think they suck but to each their own.

Don't worry about porting right now wait until you burn your first cylinder before getting into that.
The thumb throttle is only on there temporarily, I don't like the numbing vibration in my hand when I'm going above 20 MPH. I need to buy a regular throttle soon. So what's next? Anything?

You may also want to do one mod. at a time. Then you will know which individually helps, hinders, or does nothing at all. The one bolt on mod. that will provide the most noticeable improvement in performance is a good expansion chamber.

The thumb throttle is only on there temporarily, I don't like the numbing vibration in my hand when I'm going above 20 MPH.
I need to buy a regular throttle soon. So what's next? Anything?
Your bicycle grips.
I use BMX Foam grips, after removing the obnoxious plastic grip on the throttle you can coax a foam grip over it, and throw the left grip in a box.

I virtually never use the kits grips, they are just uncomfortable!

What I really like is building on a bike that came with leather covered foam grips...

2_Fito3doneR-1280.jpg

Got to love it, your hands sure will ;-}

Expansion chamber huh, glad I'm at work and I didn't get the chance to tell the wife I was done buying parts. Lol Would you go with the expansion chamber before the head? I recently installed this muffler (see attached pic) and I'm about to buy the head, but not if it'd be better to get an expansion chamber. Here's a pic of the one I'm looking at, I'm on a budget too.

Attachments

• IMG_2494.PNG
    IMG_2494.PNG
    504.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2556.PNG
    IMG_2556.PNG
    174.6 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back