Ok this is driving me nuts so please help me out!!

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
5:14 AM
Ok I finally got all my parts in and installed. I don't know exactly what's going on but my motor doesn't seem to wanna go. I'll pop the clutch and the motor will turn over and run but that's it. I'll apply the throttle and nothing, no acceleration or anything, just stays the same. I have gas leaking from the bottom of my carb, not sure why that would be but hopefully it proves to be my issue and it's an easy fix. I'm thinking it's easier a in proper jetting or maybe the throttle is to blame? Can anyone provide some insight?

Attachments

• IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0776.PNG
    IMG_0776.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
easy, your bike is upside down - if that is just the pic, then your float is stuck and your motor is flooded

Thats a clean looking bike bro, hope it's a simple fix. Does the throttle cable move anything in your carb when you twist it? Take off the filter and look in when you twist the throttle.

easy, your bike is upside down - if that is just the pic, then your float is stuck and your motor is flooded
Thats a clean looking bike bro, hope it's a simple fix. Does the throttle cable move anything in your carb when you twist it? Take off the filter and look in when you twist the throttle.
Yea I was thinking it may be issue an issue with the throttle, as for the leak I think it's the seal on the carb. It sounds great with the new pipe but of course I can only hear the motor idling. If it's an issue of the float, how would I be able to check it to make sure?

more likely it's a bit of debris in the float needle valve (unless your float sank as some do)

You can stretch the spring a tad on the float needle to adjust the float level. Also I've found a few floats in my life that have small holes that allow gas to fill it and make it not function properly. Use a glue or epoxy on the holes that won't break down with gas.

I was just looking at this video. Apparently I screwed up and put the throttle cable in through the front to the back inside the carb body and didn't bend it up like they show in the video.

Most carbs have an overflow tube in case the bowl overfills and it'll drip out from that tube. You might just have debris stuck on the bowl fill needle.

Back