Ok, Where do I get a 32T sprocket?

I found a site that has all sized of blank sprockets. I looked up the #415 chain and they had every number of teeth you wanted for About $22. I might go with a 36T just to get my rpm's down when I'm at 30mph. I still would like to go fast though. I think my next project will be converting a new Schwinn StingRay into a "Motorcycle." They make a sweet springer frontend for those that can be easily modified for the extra wieght of a Briggs & Straton engine. The frame design is ideal for a flat motor mount just like a minibike. It's a three piece crank so you can use the bottom bracket as a jackshaft. Shimano makes this sweet 8speed hub that is strong enough to handle 5horse, but I don't know if you can lace that huge hub into one of those fat rims. I'm gonna do some more research but that's what I have so far. If you get the right sprocket set up there's no reason why It wouldn't be able to go 60mph down the road.

I just ordered a 36T sprocket from Thatsdax.com!! I have been using the 44T sprocket that came with my kit and it seems that my max speed is around 32 MPH. I cruise around 27 to 29 due to the fact that I don't want my engine blowing apart from the max throttle vibration and RPMs. :) I read this post and it encouraged me to go ahead and purchase the 36T sprocket. I will post my results when I receive and install it. BTW, will I have to cut more chain links off or is it not much difference that the chain tensioner can't take care of?

Dan

chain length is unique to each build, but i'm guessing you'll be removing 6-8 links for a clean job...keep us posted 8)

32 tooth

i run a 32 tooth sprocket. the chain has to be cut a lot shorter.
i would not advise anyone just to put a 32 tooth on a standard engine as it will just bog down and you will struugle to get the engine to rev.
i have had to do a lot of mods to get more power out of the engine so it pulls off better. my sprocket was a 420 size and had to be turned down to a 410 to fit the chain.

slack on your chain is bad, i had slack on my dirtbike chain and eventually it destroys your sprocket, this is because it gets cought before it it rotates off the sprocket and basiclly sharpens it to a very sharp point, but then theyre weak so eventually they break off...just some advice...

jon

I installed my 36T sprocket from Thatsdax and it is pretty nice. I use the bike to commute back and forth to work, about 19 Miles a day. Before with the 44T sprocket, my engine would sound like it was about to implode at 31 MPH and my upper wrist pin bearing eventually shredded on me taking out the cylinder, piston, and rings. With the 36T sprocket I am able to cruise at 30 -32 MPH with a tolerable RPM rate and lower vibration. I think the gas mileage is better and hope for longer engine life. I painted the sprocket to match the bike frame and filed the tips down. I found that engaging the engine can be done smoothly as low as 8 MPH. I would defintely recommend the 36T sprocket for those of you who want to go a little faster without constantly red-lining the engine.
I also think that pulling the clutch in on down hills vs. letting the engine break and keep you slower is easier on the internal engine parts.

Dan

i have a 40 tooth sprocket on my bike, will 4 teeth make a difference?

jon

Back