Okay now... fenders!?

Have fun on your build. I used the same bike for a while. Never had issues. I just went ahead and did away with the front fender though.

Have fun on your build. I used the same bike for a while. Never had issues. I just went ahead and did away with the front fender though.
Thanks man I’m excited to see how it turns out! I may get rid of the front fender as well... seen a lot of horrific posts recently.

Thanks man I’m excited to see how it turns out! I may get rid of the front fender as well... seen a lot of horrific posts recently.
Seems a pity if you like the fenders as they are.
I suppose I would/might just remount the brace further up the fork legs, using a couple of p clips. When the brace is mounted a few inches above the axle it would try to lift the fender up and away from the tyre if something jams in it.

On my front fender the brace is the much safer clip type instead of the one piece U shape wire brace so it can break away in any case, but they also put the mount holes quite high up the fork legs so I believe it would work well even with a U shape brace.

Back