Okay, this thing is now dangerous!

Randall

Local time
10:53 AM
Been breaking this new mid-level engine in from BMW (Bicycle Motor Works) and today coming back from the bank I opened it up wot till it maxed out and I was pacing the traffic going south out of town which is posted at 45 mph. I will somehow get a snapshot of my gps speedo tomorrow and post it. I also fixed my double leg kick stand by drilling out the bottoms and taping 8 mm threads into them and adding some bolts to the mix. Jag, I jetted the Carb at #62. Seems to have stopped the 4 stroking.

Attachments

• IMG_20161022_175407329_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161022_175407329_HDR.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_20161022_175331002_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161022_175331002_HDR.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 290
Okay maybe not dangerous, just need to be very observant. Top speed in attached png. (I guess the traffic yesterday was running a bit slower.)
Screenshot_2016-10-23-11-07-21.png

What cc, what size tank, and how much $ do you have invested in the conversion total?
I'm not sure I'd want to approach 45mph on a bicycle. Wow.

What cc, what size tank, and how much $ do you have invested in the conversion total?
I'm not sure I'd want to approach 45mph on a bicycle. Wow.

66 cc, 1.8 gallon tank, not sure how much invested. I would need to go through my receipts. Yeah it was pretty fast for me at 36 mph.

I'm sure I've gone 36mph+ downhill a few times on my LeTour, but it's always just a bit scary.
Is that an actual MC tank? If you get around to it, I'd be interested in what those receipts total up to. :)

if it scares YOU to ride at higher speeds then DONT do it! but please dont put down or discourage those who do or are trying to!
I will do just that. Read some of the other responses. Respectfully, myself and my loved ones are out there on the same streets. The reasons there are laws limiting the speed on these vehicles is that they are inherently unsafe at those speeds due to their structure, components and handling. And they therefore make the road that they're speeding on unsafe for those sharing that road as well. Justify irresponsible actions if you want. If it were just YOUR well being you were putting at risk, no problem. But you seem to fail to consider those you share the road with.

Dont get me wrong i am not condoning or trying to justify anyone's irresponsible actions!as there are many foolish people out there proving that they can go fast on public roads.as you stated there are laws and enforcement officers for that and trust they will get caught!but i do have an issue with people trying to tell me and the others that our bikes are unsafe and or incapable of operating at higher speeds!sorry but proven fact yes they can and safely!many of us do have some common sense and ride responsibly and do our speed runs in a controlled environment or roads free of traffic!

Back