Okay, this thing is now dangerous!

hows the vibes through frame and bars feel?sometimes you get one thats closer to balance then most but its rare!and every one i have had is not true from one side to the other (slight wobble) the clutch shafts as well!

hows the vibes through frame and bars feel?sometimes you get one thats closer to balance then most but its rare!and every one i have had is not true from one side to the other (slight wobble) the clutch shafts as well!

On mine? I have a mid range vibration that is only annoying but other than that not too bad. And yes I agree.

I had a kit from here in Canada (zoom bicycles)that really surprised me it spun up to 11,000 rpm with a stock 44t gear an nt speed carb and the banana pipe with manic mechanic magnet to set back timing no big port mods or anything and ran smooth until it grenaded on me at over 70 kph wrist pin bearing let go and killed the whole top end!what was interesting though was it used the bolt on weights (5 piece crank) notoriously bad!But it made me remember that the extra weight was beneficial to over coming the resistance of compression and being mis timed.

I had a softer spring in fork in beginning (experimenting). Handlebar vibrations were awful. Then I installed original (stiffer) spring and vibrations practically went away. Frame vibrations occur at high rpm. Can't be specific (Have tach, just not installed yet). Internal engine work coming this winter (port timing, drilled piston and so on).

Dont get me wrong i am not condoning or trying to justify anyone's irresponsible actions!as there are many foolish people out there proving that they can go fast on public roads.as you stated there are laws and enforcement officers for that and trust they will get caught!but i do have an issue with people trying to tell me and the others that our bikes are unsafe and or incapable of operating at higher speeds!sorry but proven fact yes they can and safely!many of us do have some common sense and ride responsibly and do our speed runs in a controlled environment or roads free of traffic!
That certainly sounds better. My comments were mainly directed toward people like the guy in the video. And there are enough of them to warrant comment. But you had to go and throw up an argument that according to you doesn't even pertain to you. But now that you have, I also have an issue. I have an issue "with people trying to tell me and the others" what to say and what NOT to say about safety and the law. That's my opinion. Don't basically tell me to shut up and stifle my opinion because people break the law "safely and with common sense". A public street is still a public street whether you THINK it's going to be devoid of traffic and pedestrians or not. Like I said, rationalize all you want. But do not tell me to basically shut up about the law, what these bicycles were, and were not, designed for, and about safety in general. I have three mended broken ribs, a mended broken jaw, a hip socket lining that took two years to completely heal, titanium and cadaver mortar-n-pestle-n-glue clavicles with nine screws in each. And that was from less than 30mph on a paved bike trail when a young woman wobbled into my path with her head down at the very last moment. I had nowhere to go. Nothing but trees on both sides. So I speak from experience. And if you dare to think I'm bull-crapping you, I've got some fairly gross pictures I can post. So let's theoretically say we're talking about people like the guy in the video for the moment. I don't want any of my loved ones hurt or killed in a head-on or hit because they, or someone else tried to swerve for some fool who somehow lost control of his bicycle on a busy or supposedly deserted road @ 45mph.

Proven fact? So... where are they... those proven facts? Who exactly came up with them and how? Got a link to any of these industry standardized and professionally controlled tests and experiments?

I commend you for attempting to be safe (in your own mind) by only doing speed runs on apparently deserted sections of road. But accept the fact that breaking the law "responsibly" is an oxymoronic concept. It's much like being "only a little pregnant". Unless you're on pavement that's private property, closed to the public, and you've got full, and I mean full, control of it (like... oh I don't know... say a professional track), there's always a risk factor to both yourself and to others.

Oh yeah... and wear a helmet people. I guarantee that I would have been dead three times over (twice on bicycles and once getting rear-ended on my 250 Virago) had it not been for helmets.
And yeah, I live life to the max and I still ride both road bicycles and various motorcycles to, but within, the limits of common sense AND the law.

Last edited:
I only conduct top speed tests on a closed section of road , yes fully closed fenced off and it's also straight so I can see over half a mile away if someone is say walking their dog or whatever , my first bike was a Suzuki ts 80 I got when I was 14 since then I've driven all sorts from cbr 250rr up to 1100 blackbird have never crashed on a bike have been in many car crashes but only ever crashed my MAB once at about 15 mph and it was very painful indeed even though I landed on a grass verge , here the law on MAB's is a bit of a grey area but essentially illegal to use on public roads although I've only been stopped once and got away with it after spouting some old laws . I mainly drive on footpaths at low speed because there is less penalty for driving on footpaths than roads haha

But I will finish with this EVERY time I drive anything anywhere I drive expecting a crash if you can drive with CRASH and PAIN on your mind you will be less likely to crash.

Well I only have a v brake on front no back brake can stop from 26mph -0 in 17 and half ft it light rain .

Back