OKO, Reed and Windowed Piston - HELP

Megaphone

Local time
3:55 AM
Son bought the Zeda Engine with the OKO Carb and Reed Valves from Bike-Engines … We had it running pretty good, but idling was erratic and it just didn't feel right .. but we did have it running OK ..

Enter everyone saying you need a windowed piston, so we added one and now the bike runs like crap … we tried all JET ranges for low speed and high speed needles .. Tuned mixture screw as per OKO Website … bike just has no power … if you hold the throttle at partial open, it will eventually get up to speed, but takes for ever …

now .. couple things ..

I feel the angle at which the carb sits causes the float to not be level, but all reed valves cause this ? could this be it ?
Why did it run better without a windowed piston ?
What can we try ?
Yestersday he tuned off fuel and when it was I guess running out, bike ran powerful for 5 seconds .. lol

If it ran good while running out of fuel, you need to check that float. It's running way too rich.

I thought so, but the carb sits at such an angle that I find it hard to believe that is how its supposed to look, but everyone Ive seen has it sitting like that … I did see someone else run a 45 degree PVC pipe to make the carb sit level .. maybe we try this

Back