Old 2 stroke street legal enduros?

Will'smotobikes19

What do you guys think of old 2 stroke suzuki's and other makes? I'm thinking of getting one. Any stories? there is someone with an old TS-125 that he was making into a cafe racer for sale think it might be a nice project.

darwin

Had a 72 zooki T-250 Hustler when I was 16yo. Oh what a beauty and fast. I had that bike up to 95mph and had to wind it down because it was too squirrely going that fast. I knew it could hit a hundred but never found out, it was my 1st 6 speed too.

mark20

What do you guys think of old 2 stroke suzuki's and other makes? I'm thinking of getting one. Any stories? there is someone with an old TS-125 that he was making into a cafe racer for sale think it might be a nice project.
my buddie has a (what i belive is a 1974) xl70 mini enduro, it runs pretty well, he claims it will do 50mph (kind of doubting, but you never know!)
if your getting one, make sure it has a title if you want to ride it on the street!
older bikes (honda cb350/360s, yamaha rd350, susuki tw250)
there cheap for a reason, drum brakes,1-2 cylinder motors, and they need a lot of maintence, thats with any bike older than 1980ish

personally im looking for a rd350 as my first motorcycle, i like that there 2 stroke, runs forever, and if anything brakes i can fix it with relitve ease (its from 1970, it cant be that hard to fix, right?), also as the US version has a disc brake on the front, i can acutally stop without doing the flintstone..

Will'smotobikes19

They say to do the 12v swap I think that guy sold the TS-125 though can't find it. Guy was turning a TS-125 into a cafe racer but it was all in pieces $475.

Tony01

Sounds great if you want a project that may never run; if you just want a simple decent bike look at the Honda xr650l.

darwin

1 cool thing about the old jap smokers was an auto feed for the 2 stroke oil. The tank I had if I remember correctly held about 2qts and no need to refill for a loooooong time. They were also reliable, never had to worry bout them. Had a glass sight on the tank too so it was easy peasy to see what the level was.

darwin

Wonder why they never put a glass sight on a gas tank, that would be so cool on a m/c.