Old 80cc bike no acceleration or pull.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29767
  • Start date
Really sounds like Gary55 has you headed exactly where you wanna go! That little hiccup in the fuel supply may have accidentally given you the info on leaning it out that you been hunting. Now.., if he tells ya t’ git yer drill bits out ‘n open th’ jets up, may wanna give ‘im a minute t’ let the aneurysm clear ‘n blood back to his brain (🤣 I’ma pro’ly pay fer that, but his story was AWESOME), ‘cause he’ll actually mean ye should see exac’ly what numbers you currently have and start stepping them down. He’s also right — at this point jumping to ~30:1 of quality should clean up some of the wet fouling.

GREAT JOB!

I think so. When I got the fuel started up again the bike was behaving as it was before.

Also, the compression gauge readout was, wait for it, 160 psi. Engine was warmed up with a quick run down the neighborhood, full throttle while I was measuring. Harbor Freight gauge really was junk.

What next?
jetting. Probably a #66. I would get a 68, 66, and a 64. Start with the biggest first. 160 is great. Sorry it took so long, f***ing aneurysms march to their own drum.Carb Jets - NT - Dellorto 5mm main jet - Sick Bike Parts

If they are sized correctly that would be great. I just always use SBP because rether than Chinese ? jets they use real dellorto 5mm jets that are factory marked so I know I'm getting what I ordered.
Ordered the ones you linked.

Also, what do you think of using an ATV handle like this?

It'd free up a lot of room on my handlebars. One brake lever for both sides, throttle built in, and a brake light switch.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

It'd free up a lot of room on my handlebars. One brake lever for both sides, throttle built in, and a brake light switch.

Your idea on the thumb throttle could be good, probably even more comfortable. I’d considered one, with a broke wrist/arm ‘n all, but stuck with a good dirt bike grip and a smoother-operating metal throttle (for now). Looks like you have twist shifters, too (3/6). I alleviated that complication for myself by swappin’ to triggers, and that made it a lot easier to keep my hand in one place. My right hand can stay on the grip, brake, upshift/downshift and hit the killswitch without having to lift away.

Left hand (kinda “Garcia’d” it, with a circ saw) can brake/clutch/upshift/downshift without lifting, and the signals are easy t’ reach with m’ thumb and th’ hand still on th’ bar.

C5DBBB9A-0204-4FF0-8FC5-5D64DCD50F65.jpeg
0C95A328-5E53-44F2-852C-1B86C348C7CA.jpeg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Never tried one of those. I use the same one Mcdonns uses

I like that setup. Have had it saved to my wish list on Amazon for a while now. Might try it on the next bike.

Back