Old German replica

Here's another new bike, ridden for the first time today.

This is a Spookytooth Violation model with 36t gearing and a different seat. I added fenders spray painted black. In order to get the fenders to clear the chains, I bent them with a long nose pliers and then hammered them with a block of wood to bend the fender out of the way.

I am really amazed at how fast it goes, but not too impressed with starting out, especially up a hill. I am still learning how to ride it so I will give it some time before making any judgements.

I am trying to make it look like an antique bike. I have some ideas on how to mod it, like a new gas tank, different handlebars and an old headlight and taillight, but for now I will just ride it and have fun with it. This is the design goal:

It looks better with the seat down low but it is hard for me to get it started from a stop when the seat is in a non-pedaling position.

H

Herrmanator8

I LOVE IT! thats somethin i would truly pay big bucks for. great bike, excellent work! :D :D :D

jon

D

Dockspa1

The Black Knight. I'ts nice but I would rather have the BMW 250.
Looks like it's heavy duty.
Doc

G

go you good thing

I like that look :D

How did you mount that tank? I can't quite see how it is bolted to the bike.

azbill

looks like he turned the mounts over and screwed them to the crossbar
very cool looking ride !!! 8) 8) 8)

S

skyl4rk

The tank mount came from Spookytooth, I think that there are self threading machine screws holding it to the top bar.

S

skyl4rk

bling? multicolored grip streamers with sparkles?

Took it for a 40 mile run today, country roads, gravel roads, trails, small hills up and down. It did a great job. It is kind of a noisy thing, the gearbox makes the oddest noises when you slow down. Now to let it cool down and readjust everything.

My butt hurts.