Old Murray Cruiser.

Only issue I had was clearing the pedal crank with the the exhaust pipe,a wider crank solved that problem.

I think I am going to put a 7 speed mt. bike rear wheel on with a sprocket hub adapter and back brakes,get rid of the coaster brake which has been serving as a E brake.

Just got a jet kit for the carb,I am going to see if I can it dialed in properly.

Good luck with your project,just throw that motor in the and check for fit,don't forget to upgrade all the bolts,nuts ect and use plenty of lock tight,lock nuts and jamb nuts to keep everything tight.
I forgot to lock tight the exhaust bolts and it rattled loose on one side on a 1 mile ride.

Probably good idea on scrapping the coaster brake. Mine would need another hole drilled to mount a back caliper to the bar where the top fender mount hole is presently located.

Yeah I am going to have to cut and weld the mounts from the mt bike onto the murray,will have to take it my friends shop for the welding,my x brother in law ended up with my welder.

Probably good idea on scrapping the coaster brake. Mine would need another hole drilled to mount a back caliper to the bar where the top fender mount hole is presently located.
If there is a hole, you can always make an "L" bracket out of a piece of angle iron to mount your brake.

If there is a hole, you can always make an "L" bracket out of a piece of angle iron to mount your brake.
That is a good thought. I guess you would still need to drill the lower fender screw hole out the top of the small tube to get a mounting hole for a bolt through? Then a spacer of some sort on the L for the brake caliper. Maybe even could save the fender? thanks!

Note to self,when tuning the carb,dont forget which way the choke goes,it will make you want to pull your hair out.

yes,it was lean,got running it decent now,still working on breaking the motor in.

Back