Old oldskool BMX

I thought I'd post this pic to see if anyone might know where I can get a bike like this that's in better shape. I used to have one back in the late 70's/early 80's. Always thought it would be cool to motorize! Don't know if an engine would fit in there. So if anyone knows of a bike like this that's in better shape let me know.
438_bmx3_1.jpg

if you want that can be restored....but anyway Iknow 2 of them around here I'll get prices for ya later when I goto town later today 8) I can get a 48cc in there

I would restore it. If you find one that's in decent shape, you'll probably pay out the nose for it.

Dan

If I remember right, the one I used to have was exactly like this one but had number plates covering each side.

That is a pretty collectable bike.I've seen two restored Yamaha bicyles that look like that go for $700 each on E-bay.I've got a frame and a few other parts to one.

Ther was one on Ebay a few days ago. Might still be there. can't remember the heading. sorry.

Here is the Ebay number to paste in the box above.
hope thats the one for ya.
Doc

If your going to motorize one you might as well use a rough or offbrand one. If you're looking for a nice yamaha or kawasaki your looking at big bucks. They really do feel like they would be perfect for a motor though, the only issue is the weight. Mine is a little more heavy duty than that one and weighs more than any other bike I've ever owned, it might weigh as much as a real moped when you stick a motor on it lol. There are a few nice ones on ebay right now between $300-$700. That one you posted is pretty cheap, I'm surprised nobody has bid yet. Stick some modern bmx wheels in place of the plastic mags and you would really have something mean.

Yea, I wouldn't pay that much for one of the Yamaha or Kawasaki bikes. I just don't like the way they look, especially the banana seat. I had one like the one I pictured. I'm not sure what company made it. Seems like there was a big "R" on the front of the stem tube. I could be wrong. Mine had heavy duty steel wheels, so I'd probably get rid of the mags too. As for nobody bidding on that bike yet....we're probably all waiting till the last minute of the auction! LOL. Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything about the bike on here!!!

Back