old school mini bike....

I know its technically not a motorized bike I think its cool anyways.

Old school style minibike with a 6.5 harbor freight motor... gonna spray it flat black and dial it in on saturady. Should move pretty good, enough talk... here are some tasty bits till I get her done. Hope you enjoy

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

That thing looks badass. I have a few minibikes I'm working on now. Mostly vintage, Big one I have is a Trailmate. Its a MONSTER.

Have fun!

Very cool ,vtec! I have one quite similar to yours, I bought it for $20.00. Someone had hacked the frame pretty bad, It's all better now. I have been "dragging my feet" on getting proper wheels for it though. You have inspired me to complete it!

thanks for the comments... I am just about finished with it. I sandblasted it and sprayed it textured flat black... put the engine on, centered the wheels, etc etc. I will have some pics up tomorrow of the finished product. It really turned out sweet.

Those things are a vlast to ride.

Your comment about painting it flat black reminds me of what my son has announced is his intention for his '91 Dodge Dakota. It needs minor body work, and since it has never been garaged the paint is in sad shape. He intends to do the body work, stripping all of the badging and body moldings off in the process, then it get it "painted" - painted with black rhino bedliner - the entire truck.

Frankly, I think it will be hideous, but it's his truck since I gave it to him 8 years ago.

That is actually a very good solution, and quite frequently used in off road circles. If you get a little rock rash, just brush a little rhino liner over the damage and it virtually dissapears. Also, you never need to concern yourself with waxing it ever again.

Back