Old Tension Bracket which way goes witch?

Not trying to be contentious. I've built well over 100 bikes, and have never "knock on wood" had one go bad on one of my builds. Having said that I have had plenty of bikes come in for repair that weren't so lucky. More often than not it goes on just the way you have it assembled. Sometimes it needs to be twisted a little to line up with the sprocket. This will stop the half link from catching on it when it passes. They are something to pay attention to. I give this to everyone that gets one of my bikes along with a free tune up after a week or two of everything stretching.
View media item 61837

Just noticed Aleman already covered the twist, and do agree with Spare parts in that if you can get away without it that is the best bet. It's just that most of my bikes have been on stretch frames so their is just too much chain length for no mid span support and guidance.

Just noticed Aleman already covered the twist, and do agree with Spare parts in that if you can get away without it that is the best bet. It's just that most of my bikes have been on stretch frames so their is just too much chain length for no mid span support and guidance.
Oddly enough my bike is having a problem with chain oscillation. Probably have to add a jockey wheel.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got one of them arch tensioners for someone off ebay. It was from gasbike o_O , but turned out to be great quality. The arch was at least 1/4" thick and I would have a hard time trying to bend it.

I got one of them arch tensioners for someone off ebay. It was from gasbike o_O , but turned out to be great quality. The arch was at least 1/4" thick and I would have a hard time trying to bend it.
Yep I got them from kings, kinda like the same thing. At least if you do it through Ebay you get the free shipping and a advocate if things go south. I was surprised how sturdy they were too.

The 4bolt version is MUCH better than the old style 2bolt version because it adjusts for the taper of the chainstays. When you tighten it, the side closer to the dropouts will tighten down more independently of the front two, which gives it a tighter install less likely to move and ruin your wheel/day/life.

Back