Old Whizzer

revsatt

Local time
9:24 AM
Guess the best way to introduce myself is to say I just received my dad's old 1946 Whizzer. Dad passed away in March of 2014 and my sister finally had it shipped to me. It has been a while since I rode the old Whizzer last time I tried it wasn't running good and I ended up peddling it. Dad was a good mechanic, but he spent his last few years working on his cars not the Whizzer. I also received my old 23 T and is running great., now I just want to get the bike in running order. I first rode this bike when I was around 12 years old, that would have been 1966. At that time it was a lot of fun until the front wheel fell off. Dad took it apart and we moved it to California where is stayed in a box for years. About 15 or 20 years ago he finally put it back together, but it never seemed to run as well as I remembered as a kid. My goal is to restore it and teach my grandkids how to ride it any help or advise would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Very cool that you are taking on restoring your dads old bike, there is another member who did the same a while back. There are a few Whizzer owners on this forum who can help out with some problems, forum member Quentin seems to know every detail about every Whizzer he is a great source of knowledge. There is a sticky thread by a member Paula that is extremely detailed about restoring a Whizzer that is a good read http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?33537-Vintage-J-Model-Whizzer . Again welcome and don't forget pictures.

Back