Oldest Active Member

Nickt919

Local time
1:02 AM
I see there's categories for many things but none for oldest or oldest active member. I was wondering who's the oldest birds around here? Some have restricted profiles which is understandable, and the search has a newest member feature but no oldest or oldest active member.
The oldest active I have seen is June 2012.
That's 10 solid years of MBing and experience.
Anton doesn't count for this exercise because...he's the king of the castle.
Any older than 6/12 and still active?

I see there's categories for many things but none for oldest or oldest active member. I was wondering who's the oldest birds around here? Some have restricted profiles which is understandable, and the search has a newest member feature but no oldest or oldest active member.
The oldest active I have seen is June 2012.
That's 10 solid years of MBing and experience.
Anton doesn't count for this exercise because...he's the king of the castle.
Any older than 6/12 and still active?
I know I see folks that log in to the forum with 2008 as their membership year here on the forums...darwin is one of them...May 26th 2008.
There is also @srdavo who joined Nov 4, 2006, who I think may be the oldest active member that still logs in periodically.

Greg58 is an old bird too. He's the member I referenced from June 2012. When those old timers talk it's a good idea to listen. They've seen a lot of hobby development and bike break downs.
This is not to say newer members do not contribute good info. There's many members with newer sign on dates who are very good at this hobby.
I just thought it to be interesting to know of the older forum members.

I joined the forum(s) March 14, 2011; was 4 of them back then. Rode a motorized bicycle for the first time in 2006. Built my own motorized bicycle in early 2010.

Still using my original Staton Inc Crank Drive kit. Though it is on its second bicycle now. The kit is over 12 years old and has over 4500 hours of use on it. It works as good as the day I bought it.

I'm no expert Mike and Jerry were here before me, I was on the other forum a while before joining this one. We've seen a lot and some of the warnings we share are things that we did wrong.

I'm an old duffer (75), still riding and spending money on my bike. - Apparently I joined the forum in 2015.
These are the ones I was looking to learn about. I sure hope I’m around riding when I’m your age Arty. I’m only 63. That’s young by many of you guys ages.
Quite few 70+ still going strong and riding hard. 🙂

Edit….
My title was actually oldest by forum join date but it’s also interesting learning about the guys older in age still riding.

Back