Oldy from the CVMG

M

maydaymalone

I'm a member of the :cool:Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group:cool: and one of our member posted this from a rally not to long ago and I thought you guys might like it.

I don't know anything about it yet but it has to be at least 30 years old to be part of our club. And as soon as I figure out whose it is (so I can give them credit) I'll post more.

Attachments

• CVMG MB1.jpg
    CVMG MB1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 876
  • CVMG MB2.jpg
    CVMG MB2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 907
Last edited by a moderator:
What it is!

Hi all, It looks to me like a Monark super-twin, tho it might be a Jack and Heinz?

Anyway a very cool most probably American made Motor Bicycle

Mike

That one is definately the monark super-twin. By the tank, frame, fork and chainring it is the monark. The Jack and hienz had a different tank, and other minor differenceds, as did the marman.

Here's a Monarch engine but the cylinders are different, the first one looks like Power-Products cylinders and see the flywheel has screw holes for the rope pull pulley. not that I'm being picky.

....Bob

Attachments

• monarchtw1.jpg
    monarchtw1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 585
1954 Monark Super Twin

The bike posted is a 1954 Monark Super Twin. There are a few give away points to look at. The regular more common super twin known as the 1949-1953 Super Twin had a fork stop welded on the frame and the single spring front end. The 1954 had a Schwinn springer copy cat fork. I believe there
was a law suit on patent infringements from Schwinn over that particular fork.

The 1954 Monark ST is a rare bike and only a few are known floating around.
Most people that have them do not know they are a Moanrk ST at all. They
believe that they are a regular bike frame or a made up frame from scratch. There is a plate under the bottom bracket on the ST's that say the model number. I have only seen two different versions. The ST49 for 1949 to 1953 Monark ST and the ST54 for the 1954 Monark Super Twin.

Yes, if you see a guy on the ground at bike show's looking under the bottom bracket at these motor bikes it most likely will be me.

Have a good day!
Roy

Back